Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issues with calls and voicemail - iPhone XS Max

Tiggertopia
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi everyone, firstly I hope I have put this in the right place.
Secondly, can anyone offer some advice?

The WEIRDEST things are happening at the moment with my phone...

The last couple of days people have tried to call me and it goes directly to voicemail - not unusual I hear you say - but I have had full 4G at the time and WiFi calling enabled as I’m at home - still not that unusual I hear you say again...

HOWEVER what is blooming strange is the fact that the number read out on my Vodafone voicemail message when you call my number  - ISNT MY NUMBER!

What is going on?

i only found this out as I have been trying different things to rectify the call issue and made a few calls to my personal number from my work phone to check if it was working yet  (which it still isnt by the way ) !

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Tiggertopia 

You may have to perform a few troubleshooting bits here.

Does this happen only at home or everywhere regarding calls ?

Can you try your sim card in another phone at all ?

Vodafone status-checker to check your masts.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template has tips and a template to use so the Vodafone Social Media Teams can take a look.

Live Chat  or 191 can check your account and number.

A person can extend the amount of rings it takes for an incoming call to voicemail.

How-do-I-increase-the-time-before-a-call-goes-to-voicemail. 

Is your number showing in your myvodafone and in your about phone area OK.

I notice you had a few issues recently with your upgrade so I'm wondering if the number issue is connected to this.

Customer services can check.

If you get stuck the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries will be able to help. I'd suggest to use Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi thanks for the reply.

i have just done a hard reset on my phone and this seems to have resolved the random number stated in the voicemail message!

i have checked the details in the “my number” section of the phone and that is A-OK!

i don’t have another phone I can swap my sim in to unfortunately.

i have noticed with calls to my phone that when I unlock my phone I have “missed call” notifications so it seems like the callS cant fully connect - if that makes sense?!

Also my phone will light up randomly but produce no notification of calls or anything which I have since worked out has been someone trying to call me!

I will do the other checks you suggested 👍

im not aware of any issues when upgrading my phone...🤔

Ok @Tiggertopia 

Please do let us know how you get on.

👍

Current Phone  >

Been looking around and found these which may / may not help @Tiggertopia 

Stop-iphone-calls-voicemail. 

And

Why-does-my-iphone-go-straight-to-voicemail. 

Current Phone  >