Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Jamster premium text refunds

chistery
16: Advanced member

I just answered a call which was one of those "have you had an accident" ones.

Seconds later, I get a text telling me I've been charged £4.50 and been subscribed to an Online Gamer Club. I have text STOP to the shortcode.

Has anyone had any success getting refunds from Jamster or should I just not waste my time?

I've now added the charge to bill bar, is that the right one to stop this happening again?

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

If this was not an agreed subscription then your well within your rights to ask for a refund from the subscription company. 

More info in psauthority.org.uk

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks. I understand that, I just wondered if reality matched the expectations!

I have since seen a post from someone on giffGaff who had the same problem. Sent them their IBAN details and got the refund, so I'll keep at it.

Still very annoying though!

AnnS

Hi @chistery

When you get this scammers contact details from the PSA, you make sure they get the message loud and clear, refund your stolen money and make sure there are no further reverse charge messages sent to your number.

To answer your question on the bar, it will be the premium rate short code reverse charge bar you need.  Further information here: Premium Rate FAQ's

chistery

Hi AnnS. I have to say I get very confused over the different bars.

Live chat enabled the one called "Premium rate information text bar" and "Premium rate information call and text bar - outgoing only".

I can't see one called "premium rate short code reverse charge bar". Have they enabled the wrong one then?

Should I also enable "change to bill bar"?

Thanks!

AnnS

Hi @chistery

When I mentioned the bar, the words I used were my own to cover just about everything.  CS have done a good job, you have the correct bars.

Just hope you get you money back.

hrym

Bear in mind that, in some cases, the "you've been charged £x" is part of the scam.   Texts are often sent to random numbers and a response confirms which are genuine, so they're often worded to encourage one.   Personally, I'd check my account to see if the charge is actually there before doing anything.

Blocking incoming premium SMS but not outgoing ones can be handy if you need to use shortcodes as part of the process of paying for things like car parking.

chistery

Hrym, the charge has appeared. Vodafone are complicit in this, they profit from these scams yet do nothing to assist.

Jamster have agreed to offer a refund, "without acknowledgment of any statutory duty". It keeps their complaints figures down and they just scam someone else.

I now have to send my IBAN and SWIFT details to them to get it as they cna't just refund my Vodafone account.

chistery

Just to provide an update for anyone else who has this problem. I sent Jamster my IBAN and Swift details last Friday and I've just received the refund. So it took 7 days to get my money back.

Vodafone meanwhile did nothing, just profited from this criminal behaviour.

Hi Chistery,

I have recently discovered that Jamster have been scammimg me for over three years and have taken more than £700 !

They have offered me £99 but I'm determined to get back what they have taken.

Any advice on how to deal with them?

Thanks.