Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Join Vodafone? They won’t let me leave!!!!! Be careful

Vodafonearebad
1: Seeker

So angry that no one at this company cares! They have charged me almost 40 pound a month for a terrible 3Gb contract for the last two years. Yes... I pay that much just for 3gigs. I have been a customer for well over 8 years and I am sick of the terrible service and bad contracts.

i called to try to cancel but apparently I am stuck in the contract until June. Fair enough. But when I ask to change the price plan to something better with more data they expect me to pay even more per month?! Bare in mind I am using an old  iPhone! Not a new one.

even better is the guy offered me 8 g a month for 47 pound and then when I refused he offered me 16 for 47. When I then asked for the 8gb on the 40 I’m paying now he said he never offered it. They are just sales people! They don’t care.

after I asked to talk to a manager and he actually hung up.

i called back and they said they’d raise an internal report (doubtful since they didn’t even ask for his name) then proceeded to tell me they couldn’t offer anything to me. 

So now my only option is to pay a cancellation fee rather than staying to avoid being conned. Other companies offer unlimited data for less than 30 a month. 

Do not use this company... it’s a scam. And someone will probably reply o this and send some private message asking me to call back and wait another hour on hold so they can tell them the same things but I am going to make sure everyone knows to avoid this company via twitter etc. 

Dont let yourself be conned. They don’t care. 

Rudest and most unhelpful ca department I’ve spoken to and again I AM PAYING 40 POUND FPR 3GB!!!! And they won’t help! They refuse.

i will pay the 400 (yes 400) cancellation fee to avoid staying with them until June and will switch to another provider. apparently they are the only provider that doesn’t do unlimited data (their quote) so at this point anyone is better.

just thought I’d let you know to be careful! 

1 REPLY 1

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Vodafonearebad When you take out a contract with us, you agree to the monthly cost as well as the calls, text and data allowance and the duration. You also agree to the Ts&Cs of the contract, which state any early cancellation would be charged an early termination fee. 

I'm sorry to hear that the adviser hung up on you and it's entirely possible that an internal report may have been raised, as the previous adviser would have left notes on your account. 

It's a shame that you're unhappy with the plan you took out but our offers do change on a regular basis, as do all other network providers. 

You'd only be able to change your plan once you were eligible to upgrade or out of commitment as per the terms of your contract with us. 

If you did have any further questions/concerns about this, please do post back 🙂