Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Joining Vodafone

StuntHamstah
4: Newbie

So back in July I took one of your Entertainment SIM only deals for a family member, after 2 weeks they informed me they no longer need the SIM only so I cancelled this within the 30 days cooling off period. Yesterday I decided as I was no longer in contract with my provider I wanted to take the 15GB entertainment SIM only, I placed an order for it to come back with credit check failed. I have done a search using Equifax and my credit rating has actually gone up since July 2018 meaning I actually have better credit yet somehow I failed a credit check which I passed 5 months ago? I can still actually log in to my old account, granted it states cancelled but the account is still there, is there a way to get a new contract added to that account?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @StuntHamstah

I would put this down to the SIM only you had in July.  Even though you cancelled the contract during the 30 day cancellation period, you would still have been billed for the two weeks you had the SIM, Vodafone would have sent two bills, one for the 2 weeks line rental followed by a 0.00 bill to confirm cancellation and to let you know you have no further responsibility towards the contract.  If you cancelled the SIM, your online account would also have been cancelled at the same time.

This is going to need account access from the credit team to find what happened with the SIM only you took out July.  Give the Team here time to get to the thread, they will help.

Thanks for the reply. I was indeed billed which was paid via direct debit the date it was due. I spoke to a member of customer service yesterday who informed me I actually had a credit on the account which he was refunding back into my bank account. I will wait for the team to take a look.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@StuntHamstah So we can take a closer look into this for you, please follow the details I've given in the private message you'll receive shortly. A member of our team will then be in touch to assist you further.