cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Just purchased a SIM only plan but first bill doesn't look right...

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

Hi folks,

I am an existing Vodafone pay go account holder and wanted to move to pay monthly. I was unable to upgrade or add a plan to my existing pay go account and was instructed to setup a new account when ordering my pay monthly SIM only plan. I did this and I have now successfully setup a new pay monthly account and I have successfully installed the ESIM on my Samsung S21 Ultra. So far, so good...

I then submitted a request to transfer my existing pay go number over to my new pay monthly account and this is due to take place on the 17/06/2021. GREAT!!!

However, when I log in to my new pay monthly account (12GB for £8 per month) it shows that I owe £16.00. I don't mind paying two months in advanced but it appears I have been billed for yesterday when I only signed up today?

Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 20.47.45.png

Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 20.47.36.png

Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 21.00.54.png

Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 21.03.16.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @WelshPaul 

As you only signed up today these will be unbilled charges, to give you something to go on this is going to mean having to wait until you receive the first bill in about a weeks time, usually when you have the bill it makes more sense.

To bring you in line with your billing date line rental is paid 30 days in advance, and the first bill is going to be more than expected, when you receive the bill, just check the dates you have been billed.  Also see here:  Your Bill Explained 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @WelshPaul 

As you only signed up today these will be unbilled charges, to give you something to go on this is going to mean having to wait until you receive the first bill in about a weeks time, usually when you have the bill it makes more sense.

To bring you in line with your billing date line rental is paid 30 days in advance, and the first bill is going to be more than expected, when you receive the bill, just check the dates you have been billed.  Also see here:  Your Bill Explained 

WelshPaul

OK, thanks for the heads up AnnS 👍

EDIT:

For anyone that stumbles across this thread and has the same issue I had, AnnS was spot on the money and this morning my account shows the correct amount and dates. 🙂