Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Keep My Number

Taiter670
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, I wanted to know if I change/keep my number that my contract will transfer with this number? I’m looking to transfer an old (but live) contract to family member. 

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Taiter670 

If you mean you are wanting to do a Transfer of Ownership passing payment responsibility for the contract and number to a family member, you need to complete this form: Transferring your number and agreement.  Alternatively, give the Transfer of Ownership Team a call at Customer Services, if the family member is with you at the time and the necessary credit criteria is met the contract will be in your family members name by midnight.

If you are due an upgrade get this finalised before the transfer, Vodafone have a three month clear payment rule for new customers and this would mean your family member would be unable to upgrade for three months.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Taiter670, some great advice from @AnnS there 👍 If that's not what you're looking to do, get back in touch and I'll be happy to help you further. 

Not quite the answer I was looking for.  I am paying for a contract and want to transfer to another phone number (ex pay monthly phone my sone has).  If I "keep my number" does the contract transfer to the original number?  I've had a quick look at the links to keep my number, and not sure what link to use for my scenario...

AnnS

Hi @Taiter670 

That makes it clearer but more complicated.  Ideally, this is best done at the end of the contract period.

The problem you are going to have here is it's not possible to swap contract numbers and this is going to mean having to cancel the contract you are paying for and putting the number on PAYG as a temporary measure.  Assuming the ex contract number is now on PAYG when the contract number you are paying for has been cancelled and is on PAYG, you will then be in a position to transfer the number to the one your Son is using.

The other problem is going to be you will lose your number and also be liable for all the early termination fees on the contract you are paying and this could well be something you are not prepared to pay just to get the number changed.  

However, wait for @TJ  to get back to the thread, she may be able to advise an alternative way to get the number changed for you.

Thanks for the response.  Clearly not as simple as I'd hoped.  That is disappoonting.

AnnS

Hi @Taiter670 

Actually having had a further thought about this, it should be able to be done the other way round.  Presuming your Son's number is on PAYG and is active on the network and been topped up with credit this should be quite simple and very uncomplicated.

If your Son completes the Transfer of Number form with his number, there is no reason for Vodafone being able to do a straight number change to your contract with his number.

At least this way you won't have any termination fees to pay and it should be completed within 24 hours.

This should also be something simple for Customer Services to do for you.

@Taiter670 

Providing your Son's contract has been cancelled and the number is on PAYG, you shouldn't have any problems transferring the number to your contract.

The Team will get back to the thread with help and support to get this done for you.

That would be fantastic, if that is possible.

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Taiter670, you can move a Pay as you go number to a Pay monthly contract.

We have some details about this here:  https://vodafone.uk/2HRgF6A

We might need to speak to both yourself and your son to do this though.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

Blair

Hi Blair, there was no link in the PM?