Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Keep my number problem

AlisonN
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can someone please assist me as I'm struggling to get the Customer service team/ tech support to solve my issue (I was advised by Lucy in Customer service she would speak to her supervisor and they would call me back on Sunday at 6pm but that never happened and I am getting very fed up and frustrated now). 

The number was transferred over from my previous network provider on the 28th of December and it is still not right. When we make calls my transferred number appears but when text messages are sent it comes from the Temporary mobile number.  Also a lot of the time messages fail to send saying user offline.

I asked if this was a split port and Lucy advised me she will check this.
Please can someone advise how I get this sorted as this was a christmas gift for my partner and it is turning into a nightmare trying to get it fixed.

Thanks Alison

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @AlisonN

It sounds as though the port has completed correctly.

You don't mention the phone you are using.

If this is an iphone, the number you were originally using, that is the temporary number, needs to be deleted from your icloud account.  If this is an Android phone, the number has probably been sychronised to your gmail account and will need to be changed.

Also try sending the text as a new text from the new number and not as part of a conversation with the temporary number, the texts may also be received as part of an previous conversation from the temporary number.

You may be looking at doing a factory reset of the phone, this will delete any previous history with the temporary number.  When you set the phone up from scratch after the reset, it should only display the your ported number.

However, should you still have problems, please come back to the forum and a member of the Team will be able to access your account and make sure your services are fully online.

It is a Samsung S7 we are using.

I will try the factory reset and see if that works.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AlisonN - I can completely understand your frustration with trying to get your number up and running with us correctly.  

I’m sorry you haven’t been called back when promised and how long it’s taking to get resolved.

If you’ve now followed the advice that @AnnS mentioned and you’re still facing the same issues, then we can help.  

Please send us your details by following the steps in this private message. We can also feedback that you weren’t contacted on Sunday.

Factory reset sorted the telephone number problem but still failing to send messages, will send you a PM now.

Alison

@Gemma wrote:

@AlisonN - I can completely understand your frustration with trying to get your number up and running with us correctly.  

I’m sorry you haven’t been called back when promised and how long it’s taking to get resolved.

If you’ve now followed the advice that @AnnS mentioned and you’re still facing the same issues, then we can help.  

Please send us your details by following the steps in this private message. We can also feedback that you weren’t contacted on Sunday.

AnnS

Hi @AlisonN

The first thing to look at will be the text message centre number, this should be +44778516005. If you go into your message settings, scroll down to advanced, you will be able to see the link for the SMS centre number.

There is further information for you on this link from support I can't send and receive text messages.

If you are still unable to get your messaging working, live chat will get this sorted out for you a lot quicker than waiting for someone to get back to you on the forum.  If you are going to message the Team your details, you need to follow the link in the PM and send as a secure email, you will then receive an automated response looking like #12345. If you put the number on the thread, it will be quicker to locate the reply and get back to you.

Hi Ann

I am getting so frustrated now, can you advise if I can cancel the contract on this phone please ?

We did the factory update and we then had a problem with the texts failing, I was advised that the number did not port over and that was why the texts were failing (even though on several occassions I was told it had ported over right!), we then had to take the sim out and put it back in, which we did and it worked last night but again today messages are failing to send.

The money has been taken from my account for this month and we are still in the same position I was in on the day the number was switched over. 
Can someone advise asap please?

Thanks

Alison

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@AlisonN Have you sent us a email via the link @Gemma has provided Alison?

We want to get this fixed for you as quickly as we can.

If you've already sent us an email, please provide us with your email reference number and we can chase things up :Thumbs_Up: