Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Keeping discount when upgrade bundle

suechris45
3: Seeker

I have just spent 35 minutes chating with Vodafone and got so frustrated I saved the transaction and thought would ask on here.

I have a Red bundle which is 16GB for £19 with the £13 discount, my son wants the data increased the bundle to the 20GB one which is advertised on Vodafone for £23 including the £13 discount.

If I try online I get the price as £36 so does my £13 discount still apply or do I get mugged for being with vodafone?.

We all know these discounts are a blag because they all do it.

I thought it was a simple question but the guy on the chat said it might then said it didnt when I asked him to confirm.

Any idea?

13 REPLIES 13

suechris45

Just to add he has used the sim for 4 months.

Two Answers and both different?, there is no point in chatting to Vodafone India because they chat rubbish then when you ask them to stop guessing and tell the truth they then say NO, (I have the 35 minute transcript to prove).

His Bundle:

Bundle
16GB Red Entertainment plan - 12 months
Includes
Line rental - £32.00
Unlimited UK minutes
Unlimited texts
16GB data
Vodafone Global Roaming
£13 promotional discount
100MB Wi-fi
Agreement Length
12 Months
Agreement ends on
14 Aug 2018

NOW IF HE wants to upgrade his bundle to 20GB he can for £36.00 a month  (THAT IS THEFT) as see below,

20GB Red Entertainment plan
20GB of 4G data, unlimited minutes and texts, plus your choice of a NOW TV Entertainment Pass, Spotify Premium or Sky Sports Mobile TV for 12 months. You'll also enjoy a 3-month free trial of Secure Net. And take your home plan abroad with Vodafone Global Roaming
£23 a month – Offer ends 20 December

NOW that is simple it includes the £13 discount £23+£13=£36

Now if we all look at facts, Vodafone, O2, Three, BT, EE and Sky all offer these so called
discounts and once the dates to finish arrive they just re-do them lol.

So can anyone confirm will I get mugged for increasing his data, there is no mention in T&C's as it says my contract term and conditions stay the same so should that include the discount.

Thanks

Sue

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @suechris45

When a tariff is on promotion, you will be given the price before the discount but will be billed at the discounted rate with the discount credited back.

If you have agreed the change, the My Vodafone Application will show the tariff at the discounted rate, plus the upgrade and contract end date.

This should be simple enough for CS or live chat to confirm but if you do not receive the discount or have any other questions, please come back to the forum.

Getafix
16: Advanced member

It depends on what discount you have.

If it was a promotional discount then most likely the discount cannot be carried over. However you could upgrade to another promotional Tariff.

If it was a Loyalty Discount (Negotiated) then it would be at the discretion of the Vodafone. In the past I have changed tariff mid contract and kept the discount.

I would suggest on chat, ask to be passed to the Upgrade and Disconnection Team. They will be best placed to advise what discount you could get.

Getafix

You can upgrade to that promotional tariff.

Did you get to chat with the Upgrade and Disconnection Team?

Had a chat with Vodafone India and after another 40 minutes plus I was told the systems had an error and could had to call Vodafone instead. This is shocking that you are clearly getting your Indian staff to lie to customers but it does show that cheap labour is just that.

Ive told my son to leave his sim as it is for another 9 months then he can go back to his old network.

Another disatisfied customer.

Sue

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@suechris45 All of our offers are subject to change, promotional offers may differ from upgrade offers depending on when you renew your agreement.

May be try our Live Chat team or alternatively you can discuss a new deal in your local Vodafone Store.

Please let us know how you get on 🙂 

John,

Your live chat team are nothing short of pathetic and the guess work including your comment is a joke.

Which ever way you wish to look at my request it is obvious that the £13 discount should stand.

If you check the current price for the tariff you will see that it has the SAME £13 discount which everone gets now my point is and has NOT been answered on here or by your Indian chat service.

So lets try again, I have a contract till August 2018 that gives me £13 discount till that date. Now if my son want's to increase his bundle do we lose the £13 discount and if so can you explain why?. If he has to pay £36 to add 4GB to his data when in fact the real price is  £23 for the same bundle then please just say so then we can all move on.

Also his uncle has taken a Vodafone sim only tariff two weeks ago and is going to cancel in the morning and go back to O2.

His Uncle has been waiting 15 minutes on 191 so he can get his PAC code to go back to O2, shocking service.

"We are realy busy at the moment,sorry for the delay"

#priceless