main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Keeping my number

SOLVED
View solved solution
NiallBrennan
1: Seeker

Hi, so my contract which was paying for my phone recently ended with vodafone so I got a new pay monthly sim through vodafone too. How do i keep my number from my old sim as putting in the PAC code directs me to the "keep my number" page however there are no options that fit or work with what i need to do. Does anyone know how to help with this?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @NiallBrennan 

You can't port Vodafone to Vodafone you have to port out to an alternative network and back in on the new contract.

You have taken an additional contract with a new number, you really should have requested an upgrade for the previous contract, this would have enabled you to keep the same number.  If you are still in the 14 day cancellation period this may be an option.  Contracts don't just end, the previous contract will roll over on a 30 days basis and you will be paying for two contracts.

The problem now is the previous contract will need to be cancelled, if the new contract came direct from Vodafone, ask Vodafone to put the number on PAYG, this usually takes 30 days to complete, but with the new contract coming from Vodafone, the process may be able to be simplified.  The alternative is to port out the number to any other network on PAYG and port back in on the new contract. When the number moves to the alternative network complete the form for Keep My Number 

View solution in original position

View more options
1 REPLY 1
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @NiallBrennan 

You can't port Vodafone to Vodafone you have to port out to an alternative network and back in on the new contract.

You have taken an additional contract with a new number, you really should have requested an upgrade for the previous contract, this would have enabled you to keep the same number.  If you are still in the 14 day cancellation period this may be an option.  Contracts don't just end, the previous contract will roll over on a 30 days basis and you will be paying for two contracts.

The problem now is the previous contract will need to be cancelled, if the new contract came direct from Vodafone, ask Vodafone to put the number on PAYG, this usually takes 30 days to complete, but with the new contract coming from Vodafone, the process may be able to be simplified.  The alternative is to port out the number to any other network on PAYG and port back in on the new contract. When the number moves to the alternative network complete the form for Keep My Number 

View more options