Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G5 WiFi Calling

wwhyte92
7: Helper
7: Helper

Fellow Vodafoners,

After much hassle I finally got my LG G5 delivered from Vodafone last week (an excellent handset if anyone is considering it). When ordering the handset I was told by Vodafone that I could take advantage of WiFi calling as part of my deal.

I've text CALLING to 97888 as advised on the Vodafone website and my account is showing it, however I can't figure out how to activate the feature on the phone.

Has anyone got any pointers as to how to activate WiFi calling on the G5?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

The G5 is not a supported handset. See this page

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/

Only some iPhones and some Samsungs are capable of supporting Wi Fi calling.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

63johnw
Hi. I don't think it's active yet on the G5. Its only on the latest iPhones and Samsung S7's.

BandOfBrothers

Hello @wwhyte92

This is the current information page on Calling over wifi.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

jeffkinn

The G5 is not a supported handset. See this page

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/

Only some iPhones and some Samsungs are capable of supporting Wi Fi calling.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

That'll be another complaint email going to Vodafone about this then. I specifically asked them if I could use the feature before I got the handset.

I have a LG G5 which i love for more reasons than could list here. When my contact was with EE, i had Wi'fi calling. Before I switched over to Vodafone, I specifically asked if my contact included Wi-gi calling because I live in a basement without mobile signal. Vodafone said Yes.  I was not asked what handset I had and no mention of any requirement to have bought the phone from Vodafone. Today I tried to set this up on my phone and was told it's not possible with the LG G5. That is technically not true. The handset supports it but Vodafone does not support the handset. A warning to anyone thinking of joining Vodafone who has an LG.

jeffkinn
You have 30 days to return the phone and cancel the contract if you aren't happy with your contract.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I'm not necessarily uphappy with the contract enough to cancel it. I just don't like being either lied to by the company, or being misinformed by staff who are just there to say yes to any question (which I have encountered several times over the past few weeks).

jeffkinn
I agree completely. The information about supported handsets is readily available and they should know instantly what is what. Very poor that you've been given incorrect guidance.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png