Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G7 wifi calling

Audiologica1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I have an LG G7 - bought new last year. I have been trying to set-up wifi calling on Vodafone but the option does not appear on my phone menu. The LG G7 is definitely wifi calling compatible but apparently the option must be switched on by the respective network operator and enabled on my Vodafone SIM?  I have already set-up the wifi calling option on "My Vodafone" > "Calling Options" > "WiFi Calling - YES"

I really don't want to switch to another network operator if I can avoid it. 

Many thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I can't see that the phone model is supported for Calling Over Wi-Fi in Vodafone wi-fi-calling @Audiologica1 

"All the devices on this page will support WiFi calling when you buy them directly from us. Please note that phones bought from other UK telecom providers are unlikely to support our WiFi calling, with the exception of iPhones, which should work regardless.

Devices might not be compatible when bought from third parties, we’re working with these other manufacturers to add our settings."

Check out what Vodafone says in the above link please.

That I've seen from other posts that phones not in the list do work.

This may / may not help.

Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi.

"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

🌈Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi BOB,

Thanks for your response.

I have already had WiFI Calling set up on my Voda account - it's got a green tick so all done in that respect. I did speak to an agent today and he told me that "Vodafone do not support Wifi calling on LG G7" - I find this difficult to accept to be honest - the phone itself certainly has has the technical capability to work with Wifi calling so seems a bit of an odd response....the OTA thing you mention sounds promising  and I have also heard of examples of phones "not on the list" being sent the appropriate "patch" to fix the issue.