Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Latest Bill not there in My Vodafone!

Grainywand
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

On 26/4/22, I received the usual Vodafone email prompt (Your Bill is Ready), for my pay-monthly, mobile phone contract. This email was formatted a little differently, and no longer included the overall charge amount, but it should have been okay. However, when I logged into the My Vodafone (MV) webpage, the new bill wasn’t there! (and still isn’t! - see below). The last bill available in the drop down list is dated 28/3/22, but a new bill, dated on or around 26/4/22, should also be there, of course.

[Note that I’ve always used the MV webpage, as the MV App hasn’t worked for me, for years! … but I didn’t worry about that, as I’d always been able to get my monthly bills from the MV webpage … until now!]

Since I received the bill email, I’ve logged into the MV webpage regularly (more or less daily), but the new (latest) bill still isn’t there, some 3 weeks later …

Of course, the corresponding direct debit has gone through fine, today, as scheduled (there was no problem taking my payment!), but I can’t see the associated bill … which is unfortunate, given that it includes the annual price increase from 1/4/22.

In general, I have to say that the Vodafone website is the worst that I’ve ever used, and should be an embarrassment for an e-comms/IT company!

On several occasions since I received the bill email, I’ve not been able to log in to the MV webpage at all (error “Unfortunately, your request cannot be processed”, or, a screenful of Java script gobbledegook, instead of the actual webpage!) … and, when I have managed to log in (like today), there’s always something that’s not working properly - for example: (1) Sub-window(s) of the MV Account overview missing (“Sorry, we can’t find your details at the moment. Please try again later.”); (2) The current issue with my missing latest bill; (3) Links within Vodafone’s own website to webpages that “don’t exist”.

Anyway, I’m obviously not trying to sort out the Vodafone website as a whole - which is clearly a clunky mess … but I really need to be able to access my bills via the MV webpage, every month.

As a Vodafone mobile customer of around 25 years, I’m seriously unimpressed to encounter such basic issues, so regularly. Hopefully, someone can help to resolve my immediate problem with accessing my latest bill …

16 REPLIES 16

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good afternoon @Grainywand - thank you for reaching out to us and for providing your feedback about your experience using our online services. I'll pass this on and we'll use this to help us understand where we need to make improvements. 

Checking your bills should be a straight forward and basic thing to do and I'm sorry this hasn't been the case for you - we can easily get a copy emailed out to you, just pop my team a message on social media. If you include your Community username and a link to your post, you won't need to repeat yourself either 🙂

We'll also be able to have a chat about the issues you're having both with your My Vodafone app and with viewing your bills online. Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling the latest version? 

Hi Amanda - many thanks for the quick response and your thoughts/comments, much appreciated!😊

Unfortunately, I’m not on social media - including Facebook and Twitter (which I think Vodafone use?) - and I’m obviously not going to register on either of those platforms, just for this.

Could we do it via Private Messages, instead??? (this forum appears to support PM’s)

Just a few immediate thoughts on your other other comments …

You’re right that checking bills should be very straightforward/basic - indeed, it was, for me, until the latest bill!

I’m sure your team could easily email me the latest bill, but I can’t see them doing that every month? (for free?) … and it wouldn’t fix the underlying issue, of course.

Re: the App problems, yes, I’ve tried all the obvious things, including updating/deleting/reinstalling the app, but all to no avail - that had no effect.

I suspect there may be something more fundamental going on, here - eg. an ‘old’ account/data migration issue? (though I can’t be sure that I’m affected by that) - as I think the app has given an error message something like “this mobile no./account is not currently supported by the app” … and maybe that’s also now started to impinge on the My Vodafone webpage, for me? (hence the current issue accessing the latest bill).

I’m sure I’ve read about ‘old’ account/data migration issues for other people on this forum, but it appears to have been going on for years, so surely it should have been sorted out by now.

Anyway, if you can please advise how best to pursue the billing/app issues, given that I’m not on social media.

Feel free to also comment on any of the above, as appropriate.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning @Grainywand, due to the amount of queries we receive on the Community, we’re unable to respond to PM’s. If you don't have a social media account, you can reach out to our online chat team, or give us a call on 191 from any Vodafone number, we'll be able to email your latest bill to you and take a look into what could be causing the issue too.

You may have already done so, but before you give us a call, it maybe worth clearing your cache and cookies then trying to log in again. 

Thanks for the response, Mark.

I could do an online chat, but I thought that was handled by an automated ‘chatbot’? (that’s certainly what the link in your reply, indicates), and this issue will clearly only be resolved by human intervention … which is why I posted on this Forum, rather than doing an online chat, in the first place.

Maybe the online chat redirects you to a human, once it’s clear that the chatbot can’t resolve the issue???

If you can please clarify that point, then I’ll try the online chat, if that still seems appropriate …

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This isn't an issue specific to you and I've been trying to get the forum team to understand that the way the app handles exported files has been changed.

The logical place would be Downloads, which is where they used to be, but that's too simple.

Using a file manager, you need to go to: /Android/data/com.myvodafoneapp/cache, where you'll find all your attempts at downloading clogging up your storage.

Crazy, I know 🙄

Hi hrym - thanks for the input, but I don’t think that’s quite my problem …

First of all, I’m on iOS not Android (though I accept that there could be a similar issue with the iOS file cache), but I’ve long since given up trying to use the My Vodafone App, as I haven’t been able to sign into that at all, for anything, for ages, on my iPhone or iPad! (which is obviously another issue that needs resolving).

However, my immediate issue is that even if I log into the My Vodafone webpage, on my iPad (Safari) or our PC (MS Edge or Chrome) - which I am able to do - my latest bill (26/4/22) ISN’T EVEN LISTED in the drop down of available bills! (the last one listed there is the March 2022 bill) … so I can’t even TRY to download my April bill!

This is a new problem, as my latest bill has always been listed on the My Vodafone webpage and I’ve always been able to download it from there.

[Note that, occasionally, I’ve had a temporary issue downloading the pdf file, there - which may have been down to the ‘file cache’ issue that you mentioned - but I’ve always managed to get it in the end … However, I’ve never had this problem with the latest bill not even being listed, before!]

Btw - just one other question that the Moderators haven’t answered, yet - they suggested that I use the Online Chat option to resolve my issues (as I’m not on social media), but that appears to be handled by an automated ‘chatbot’, whereas my issues are clearly going to need human intervention. Can you confirm that an Online Chat eventually gets transferred to a human in the Vodafone support team, once it’s clear that the chatbot can’t resolve it???

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

You will be able to get through to someone @Grainywand once you've gone through the automated options 🙂

With my team over social media, we have the option to 'message an agent' and this bypasses the automated options - though I appreciate you've mentioned you don't use these platforms. 

Okay, thanks Amanda! - I’ll try the Online Chat option when I have a bit of time …

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for keeping us updated @Grainywand  👍