Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Leaving Vodafone after so many years

andrewburke1985
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been with Vodafone for over 10 years, and i've never been treated like i have over the past week by any company

It started last tuesday, i phoned up due to the fact i was eligable to upgrade, which i did to a p20 Pro, and was promised that it was in stock, and would get it the next day (lie number 1).  I therefore booked a day off work as personal items are no longer allowed to be delivered into my workplace, and i work too far away to justiceify popping out from work on the day just to get the phone

When i got home i got an email to say that this was not the case, the phone was not in stock, and they were unsure when the next stock will come in and would email me when it was

I then contacted the live help, who told me that the phone had been dispatched and i would 100% recieve it the next day so my day off wasn't wasted (lie number 2) and i would receive an email to confirm this soon

The next day i still hadn't recieved an email and contacted live help again, who said that the phone wasn't in stock and hadn't been disptached... i was frustrated but requested that the phone be cancelled, which he said he will do and i will recieve an email confirmation 2 - 24 hours that it has been cancelled (lie number 3)

i still hadn't heard anything so rang the complaints team on the phone on thursday evening, waited 30 minutes on hold just to be hung up on.... called again... another 30 minutes to be hung  up on, called again to be told they are closed....

I called the complaints team to explain my situation and all they could do is appologise and they said the phone still hadn't been cancelled...... so she was able to cancel it there and then

I called today just to double check if it had been cancelled (Which thankfully it had) and find out how much it would be to get out of my contract.... he said it would be £143 but if i called the complaints team they may be able to get me out of my contract or even give me a better deal on my phone... all they could give is their appologise... and said to post here

I am so tempted to Pay the £143 to get out of contract with Vodafone after so many years for so many failings in their part... i've been a  loyal customer in the past, and they dont care about their customers... at all

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I've seen recent other posts where that phone has dropped to out of stock which i can only assume is supply and demand issues.

If a person wants to cancel before the end date of their contract then there will be an early termination fee to pay. I've not yet come across where Vodafone have quashed that in similar circumstances to yours. 

Have you perhaps considered getting upgraded in a Vodafone High street Store if they have stock available.

We do have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts and help when and where they can. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, but if that was the case why was i told it was already dispatched.... why was i promised that i would receive the phone the next day, which means i took a days leave.....

The moral of the story is, vodafone just doesn't care about their customers, just about the money....

And i understand the early exit fee, if i was wanting to leave for reasons other than vodafone have treated me poorly, but the fact i explained my situation to vodafone, and THEY DON'T CARE....

And why would i want to go to a vodafone store and give them more money

Anonymous
Not applicable

@andrewburke1985,

The reason for the suggestion of upgrading in a Vodafone store is the the stores cannot sell you vapourware - you can refuse to sign or pay for anything until they produce an actual,  physical phone.  It's the standard advice always given in this forum - do NOT trust the telephone or online sales channels,  it's the easiest thing in the world to claim things are in stock when they aren't.  

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@andrewburke1985 I'd like to apologise for the experience you've received so far. This is certainly not what we want for our customers and we've fed this back to ensure that similar situations like this are avoided in the future.

I'd recommend in the future and for other customers waiting on a delivery, to monitor the progress of their order using our delivery tracker.
If you're still in commitment, there would be an early exit fee if you decided to cancel your contract. You can find more information on this here.

If there's anything else you need help with, please just pop us a message.

John that would be grand, if i wasn't promised that it would be with me the next day, also followed up by another member of your staff ... they never mentioned origianlly there would be an email once its dispatched... nither did the guy say you should wait for the email to say its been disptached before taking your day off.... no all he wanted was his commission.... but the way i've been treated now, it seems that its all my fault as a consumer, believing what i've been told by a company that i've been with for over 10 years

Regarding that early exit fee - i dont understand why i as a customer, who have been let down by vodafone have to PAY to get away from their services.... intead of TRYING to right their wrong, all you all say is "we appologise"

I'm sorry you were given poor advice when you contacted us recently @andrewburke1985. So we can take a look into this for you, please contact us by following the instructions in this private message.

To be honest Vodafone, you are not putting your customers first.  Legally you have to pay compensation to Andrew for his time off work, if he took you to the County Court he would win hands down , amd you know it.  I can only suggest Andrew gets some legal advice and ask you to cover all monies lost i.e. time off work etc.  

As for you not treating customers correctly, after 20yrs i too have taken the decision to leave Vodafone.  You have done nothing for my loyalty and you have not acted professionally to my concerns.  For example, sending a new phone to a new line i had opened to another address, not supplying a SIM card for that phone and then sending out a SIM card that does not fit.  Finally after 2-3 weeks the phone becomes connected. 

Sending Credit Collectors letters to my home address when i pay every contract outright i.e. i am in credit by approximately £500-800.  They were instructed to collect about £9.00 (yes, nine GBP).  I was told by Vodafone no money was owing.  Vodafone didn't understand why i was getting these letters from several companies but they were clearly instructed by you!!!  The collection agents wanted proof so I showed them my invoice which showed my credit, they thought i made it up.  I had to get Vodafone to text me, then take a photo of the text and forward the photo to them.

The company should be ashamed and hopefully you'll lose customers very quickly.  I wont be back and will be pulling every contract from you as soon as those contracts end.  

Remember, without your customers you are nothing.  Customer First, very important.