Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lies by adviser to take upgrade deal

terryh
4: Newbie

I always expect a little bit of negotiaton at upgrade time as is natural, I've been with Vodafone for many years and every 2 years has been the same experience.

This year though I am shocked, the adviser I have been speaking to on live chat has been telling outright lies to get me to accept his offer and I'll be honest it's the first upgrade in many years that has left me quite angry,

I've been told that 'regulations' stop any discount being applied, the product would be compromised if I got it from a third party, if I get from a third party it will be a refurbished handset. That's just a few reasons given.

Is there any Vodafone adviser out there that can have this chat with me without resorting to lies to sell a contract? It would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @terryh

I agree that many people want to negotiate a deal when upgrading wether that be their tariff, handset choice and sometimes any upfront fee's. 

Vodafone will also try to retain a customer if they show signs of wanting to leave. 

However if the agent has suggested others provide refurbished handsets then in some cases is true on Pay Monthly contracts and are listed as nearly new handsets which are one's usually returned within a certain cooling off period. 

Discounts will be at the discretion of that advisor.

If a person upgrades through an independent then certain discounts such as Employers VEA wouldn't be available.  

What I would suggest is to ring 191 and choose the 'Thinking of Leaving' option which should get you through to the Vodafone Retentions Department, who will have more scope to try and retain you. 

Ask for a Pac even if you don't want to leave as this should trigger a possible phone call back if the Retentions Department can't offer you what you want.

The Pac would time out after 30 days. 

Just to mention a person would have a better negotiating stance if at the end of their contract and not at their upgrade date. 

Possibly a Vodafone High street Store would be able to help you too when upgrading. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@terryh I'm sorry to hear you've had this experience when contacting our Upgrades team. I'd advise that you try contacting our Sales team via 191 to go over all potential upgrade offers again, as with us not being a Sales channel we're unable to call you and offer the absolute best deals tailored to you.

I hope we find something special that you can't refuse, we're eager for you to stay ❤️