Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Limit reached “ pay for it service “

Davebodywave
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,   I am needing some help.   Last year I was using my mobile account to purchase items on my PS4 via Psn.   (Purely because I don’t trust Sony with their history of hacks)

Randomly around September this service  suddenly stopped working and It started giving me a. error message stating that I had reached my limit.  

Fast forward a year and it’s still doing the same thing.  

So With no payments for over a year this is really strange.  Obviously I assume there is an error somewhere!! 

As it has still continued to give me this message prior to any contact with customer services.   

I recently spoke to the people on live chat who managed to fix something and it allowed me to use the service to make a £10 payment.  After all of this I was back to the  dreaded limit reached screen.  

I have spoken to various people on live chat who assured me it was a Vodaphone issue.

In the meantime I have contacted PlayStation customer services directly who are unaware of any £10 limits whilst using the pay for it service with VodAphone.  

So onto Boku who are a nightmare to deal with as they are not contactable  via telephone and they just reply with a Literal copy and paste replies.   Which by the way are identical to the responses  from last year.   

I am pulling my hair out about this as Vodaphone  have now advised me on 191 that its not their fault, so have Sony  and Boku don’t seem to even care.

i have spent over a week via Live chat trying to resolve something that still hasn’t been resolved.  

To be told it now cannot be makes me wonder what In fact was being done when I was sitting there waiting all that time in live chat.  

Can anyone please advise a solution? 

My contract is nearly up and I don’t feel I am currently receiving the service I expect and pay for.

I am fairly sure the buck stops with Vodaphone as they ultimately will decide if my account can accept the payments or not.  

Please help.  

16 REPLIES 16

Yes but it doesn’t work at all.  This is the issue...    it won’t even allow us to use the service once never mind multiple times.  

The error message appears even if I have not used the service in any given month.    

Natasha, with all due respect you aren't getting this issue at all. Sony do not impose a £10 spend cap, at all. If they did I wouldn't have been able to spend £130 a month on O2. 

I have spoken with Playstation directly and have been told there is no spend cap. Give them a call. You will be told the same. The problem is with Vodafone. Not Boku and not Playstation. My question is this, why don't you want to fix it? You can't palm the sitiation off with lies. So you just stand firm and keep repeating them. When has this approach worked for anyone? I am considering EE at this point as it was one of the main things I did with my phone. I was a Vodafone customer from 2012-2016 and was hoping things had improved when I came back. It seems to have gotten much worse. 

I agree.  I used to use the service monthly to pay for Sony ps plus subscription and even games.    Your link is what I Already knew.   

When will someone at Vodaphone actually listen and try to resolve this instead of just replying with the same wrong articles? 

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Davebodywave

I totally understand the frustration your feeling over this. 

I'm aware of the £10 limit imposed on such payments as confirmed by Vodafone in this thread > Vodafone-Spend-Limit-reached-Pay4it.

And a member said at that time "The BOKU Service connected to Vodafone has got a bug in it" 

If the systems simply wont allow it then can you pay another way ? I'm aware this is your primary preference.

My thoughts are Sometimes with issues workarounds are the way forward even if for the interim.

Again I understand your frustration but all things considered this is a small part of the services Vodafone offer with the primary one's being your tarift allowances and signal and data speeds. 

To add Moving Networks may affect the signal you receive where you work , commute and live. 

We do have a Vodafone Social Media Teams here who read all posts and help where they can. I'm sure they'll take a look for you. 

If this can't be remedied and your still thinking about the end of your contract then I wish you well with your final decision. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

beightonguru
6: Helper
6: Helper

There is now something called Vodafone Spend manager to limit your purchases through apps and games. Call 191 and request an amount from £0 to £100. If you're happy to use any amount, make sure this is turned off. :Smiling: This might help!

AnnS

Spend Manager only covers out of plan charges, such as data, minutes and texts, it does not cover one off application purchases or charge to bill.  This is explained here: Spend Manager

Oh my bad @AnnS

I spoke to an advisor yesterday and they advised me of the information i provided above. They need refresher training I guess!