Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Line sold to debt collector

Lolek1982
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So - I contacted Vodafone in April to inform them I wasn’t working due to having corona virus - I was advised that my account would be placed on hold until the end of July and not to worry (I was impressed at the time) 

today, the beginning of July my line has been disconnected and sold to a debt collection agency with ZERO contact from Vodafone 

I have bipolar and a heart issue and am not able to contact anyone to let them know - I called Vodafone and tried explaining  and the person refused to help saying it was my issue - I am crushed and after 9+ years with Vodafone I am very disappointed and hurt that they refused to listen and help 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Lolek1982 

First I appreciate how distressing these unprecedented times have brought.

I was furloughed for a month myself on a reduced wage.

I'm worried that you were told by a Vodafone Agent that your account would be placed on hold.

Vodafone don't typically do that and didn't offer the 3 month break some companies were offering to people who met the criteria.

They could have arranged a payment plan but the negative impact to your credit file would have happened as they typically report this on it.

Vodafone don't have to advise if they've applied a 6 year default on your Credit File so it's worth checking. One option is Experian.

They should have however exhausted avenues to collect payment. 

Did you cancel your Direct Debit.

Speak to the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll look into this for you.

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself again.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hey 

I pay in the app as gives me more control with money 

it seems Vodafone are always giving false information as I’m seeing a lot of similar posts on Facebook and Trustpilot 

BandOfBrothers

It's obviously up to you how you wish to pay for your contract as oer your contractual terms you signed upto when taking out the contract.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams will be able to check your account note's to see what the agent discussed with you.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Just to add: there is also a Credit File Support team who will have access to the full history and it may be worth asking for the matter to be escalated to them.  If anyone can get you reinstated it'll be them.   At this stage, it may also be possible to re-connect you with your existing phone number.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Lolek1982 Have you been in touch with us via Facebook or Twitter about this? If not, pop us a message and include a link to this thread and one of the team will be happy to take a look at your account and go through your options with you 😊