Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Live Chat Always Busy

zemyp
2: Seeker

- Overcharged last month; added Vodafone World Traveller to account however this was not taken into account when adding my bill

- I can't check if this has been corrected as I am abroad and to log into my account website says I need to receive a security code to my mobile phone

- Not turning on my phone as Vodafone will overcharge me again as soon as anything comes in

- Live Chat NEVER WORKS. EVER. ALWAYS BUSY AGENTS. EVERYONE COMPLAINING ON FORUMS. ##~## SERVICE. WHY???

Pleaee advise how I am supposed to resolve this issue if:

1) Live chat never works (I even have a VPN as I hear it only works in the UK)

2) I can't use my phone as it will cost a fortune

3) I cant log into my acount online without using my phone to receive a security code.

I won't be back in the UK for aother 3 months.

Banging my head against a brick wall and this isn't the first time!

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The usual reasons why you get charged standard roaming fees despite having World Traveller are that you didn't wait for World Traveller to become active or that you weren't in a World Traveller country.

If this isn't the case for you, you will need to contact Vodafone using the abroad number found here.  This can be dialled from any phone in the country you're in - you don't have to call from your mobile.  Unfortunately, LiveChat does not work when you're abroad and I am not sure it would work with a VPN either. 

The security code is an extra level of security to protect us as customers from having our accounts hacked. You'd need to turn your phone on to receive this text, if you choose not to, then you won't be able to log into your account.

PWIAC

Thanks for the advice.

I don't think expecting me to make an international call is a fair solution. The online chat function should be available. Usinga VPN will work. I remember it never worked in the UK either - always busy. Lots of other users with the same problem. Boils down to Vodafone customer service being inadequate. Clearly basic business concept of providing good service is lost on this company.

I'll wait until I'm home to give someone an earful; what a ball ache they will have trying to fix something 5 months old. Stupid.

Andreicracea
Hi

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @zemyp

I understand your frustration at this. 

The best way forward is to please call our team while abroad on +44 7836 191 191 and we will help you further, standard international charges apply. 

Louise

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@zemyp

The Contact us page shows the following:

Contact nos.JPG

I have queried whether the number is definitely free, and been assured that it is if you're calling from your Vodafone UK number. The times are, of course, UK times.

Also, in no part of the world does Vodafone charge to receive an incoming text, so, provided your mobile data and roaming data are switched off on your phone, you won't incur any charges by turning on your phone for long enough to receive the security code. You'll find the Ts&Cs of World Traveller here.