main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

London Underground WiFI

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

I have called Vodafone a three times and was told that this issue has been escalted and to expect a call back but never did.

I cannot access the wifi at all on the london tube network. There's two connectivity options using  iphone 6 plus, I got to scan for available wifi networks and it lists vodafone wifi, when i try to connect it asks me for password, like an SSID password you get asked for on your home router. I do not have this password. The Call Centre told me to connect to Virgin Media's wifi. Log in using my Vodafone online username and password. But it either doesnt reconize my creditals (which are a correct as I can sign online from a desktop) or it just plain out fails to connect. there are numerous threads on here and none with an answer.  i dont even know if tube network even works for anyone, or it just me? Please help.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's disappointing to hear you're having trouble accessing the London Underground WiFi @gabates, I know this must be pretty frustrating. 

Please try the following to get you up and running again: 

1.  Are you're trying to connect automatically? If not you should try this first, ensuring that your're trying to connect to Vodafone Wi-Fi not Virgin Wi-Fi.
  2. If step one isn't working, then you need to ensure you've changed the settings on your device so that EAP method is set to EAP-AKA or EAP-SIM.

If this doesn't help, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch; so we can access your account to investigate further. 

View more options
181 REPLIES 181
11: Established

I only have to press connect and it works. 90meg down!

View more options
3: Seeker

I have the same problem... did you get this sorted?

View more options
4: Newbie
Hi all,
First of all never belive anything Vodafone say to you until your issues have been resolved and secondly never trust Vodafone staff when they say they will call you back, I'm talking from first hand experience here and hours in months wasting time with this company. The customer service is so bad!

Right... may for some good news and how you can rectify your WiFi issues on the London underground.

After 4 months mine is working now.

This is what you need to do.

Try and estate a call to second level in customer relations. The way I did this start an online chat and soon as you are connected with someone go through your security details with and tell them you need to speak to a manager. Do not take no for an answer. FYI I started multiple costs on Firefox and chrome until I spoke to a manager.

Once you are connected to a manager explain to them that you can never connect the London WiFi underground as your user name says you are pay as you go customer but you are not. Tell you need your call escaped to level 2 customer relations.

Once you have succeeded in doing this and you receive a call back tell them that they need to create a new profile for you at you may have duplicate ones. If they say you don't then ask them to create a new profile for and for you anyway. In the end I used a user name I were so keen on bug it work. Try doing your first name then dot then your surname then the number 1.

Please let me know if you succeed.

Good luck!!!!

By the way if you are lucky and get through to technical team on the phone you might be able to get them to escalate and do the above.
View more options
Hi all,
First of all never belive anything Vodafone say to you until your issues have been resolved and secondly never trust Vodafone staff when they say they will call you back, I'm talking from first hand experience here and hours in months wasting time with this company. The customer service is so bad!

Right... may for some good news and how you can rectify your WiFi issues on the London underground.

Try and estate a call to second level in customer relations. The way I did this start an online chat and soon as you are connected with someone go through your security details with and tell them you need to speak to a manager. Do not take no for an answer. FYI I started multiple costs on Firefox and chrome until I spoke to a manager.

Once you are connected to a manager explain to them that you can never connect the London WiFi underground as your user name says you are pay as you go customer but you are not. Tell you need your call escaped to level 2 customer relations.

Once you have succeeded in doing this and you receive a call back tell them that they need to create a new profile for you at you may have duplicate ones. If they say you don't then ask them to create a new profile for and for you anyway. In the end I used a user name I were so keen on bug it work. Try doing your first name then dot then your surname then the number 1.

Good luck!!!!

By the way if you are lucky and get through to technical team on the phone you might be able to get them to escalate and do the above.
View more options
Hi all,

Good luck!!!!

View more options
13: Advanced Member
I used to be able to connect but since replacing my phone I can't get past the 'login required' page.  Whichever network button I press on that page I just get a rotating ring until it times out. I don't get to the login page. I have cleared all of the browser caches and even disabled them but nothing changes. It looks like a faulty page that is somehow stuck on the phone. I tried the (reset) old phone today and got straight onto the login page.  Is the page linked to the phone identity? Do I have to clear something on the old phone before I can connect the new phone?
View more options
13: Advanced Member

I've had another go at this today and think I have achieved a connection.  In advanced wifi, I cleared the automatic hotspot sign-in tick box, started wifi and then opened a new firefox browser page.  This page produced the same Virgin media page with options to sign in through Virgin, EE, Vodafone and O2 but it worked properly and I got to the sign-in page where I could enter my Vodafone details.

The next time I tried, I still got the sign-in message on the top of the screen but opening the Firefox page cleared it and I was connected.

View more options

@TimGriff6

Thanks for letting us know that you've been able to achieve a connection.

If you need anything in the future, don't hesitate to get back in touch.

View more options

HI,

im also experiencing the same issue. Changed my vodafone bundle and now can no longer connect to the wifi on the tube. I tried the suggestion above name.suname1 and unfortunately didnt work. 

Any other suggestions as having no joy with vodafone directly online

View more options

It's disappointing to hear you're having trouble accessing the London Underground WiFi @gabates, I know this must be pretty frustrating. 

Please try the following to get you up and running again: 

1.  Are you're trying to connect automatically? If not you should try this first, ensuring that your're trying to connect to Vodafone Wi-Fi not Virgin Wi-Fi.
  2. If step one isn't working, then you need to ensure you've changed the settings on your device so that EAP method is set to EAP-AKA or EAP-SIM.

If this doesn't help, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch; so we can access your account to investigate further. 

View more options

Thanks TJ. Connecting to Vodafone wifi worked a treat.

View more options
Administrator

@gabates Thanks for letting us know, I'm glad to see you're now up and running on the Underground WiFi 😄

View more options

I am having a similar issue. I can't connect to Vodafone wifi - asks for my usrename and password which don't work. I have tried logging onto Virgin wifi but an error pops up saying that I am a pay as you go customer (I am not - I am on a sim only contract). I've logged multiple calls to your customer service team, however they are unable to help.

I'm on an iPhone 7 and from what I can tell, I can't adjust the SIM connection settings.

Please advise, this is rediculous that vodafone can't help.

View more options

@cvon You'll need to be in range of a Vodafone Wi-Fi hotspot in order to change the security settings. Change the settings on your iPhone 7 so that Security is set to EAP-AKA or EAP-SIM. 

Further trouble-shooting steps can be found here: http://vdfn.co/wifi

Please let us know if you're still having issues, we'll be able to access your account and see if there's anything else we can do to help get you going on the tube Wi-Fi.

View more options

@Liam wrote:

@cvon You'll need to be in range of a Vodafone Wi-Fi hotspot in order to change the security settings. Change the settings on your iPhone 7 so that Security is set to EAP-AKA or EAP-SIM. 

Further trouble-shooting steps can be found here: http://vdfn.co/wifi

Please let us know if you're still having issues, we'll be able to access your account and see if there's anything else we can do to help get you going on the tube Wi-Fi.

As far as I am aware, I cannot change these settings on my iPhone. I've seen posts here where people say they can do this on Android, but no where for iOS. A quick Google search has also not yielded any results. Even the link you refer to says "If you have an iPhone, you won't be able to edit the authentication method in your phone settings, as this is set by the service provider. For more information, please call 191 free from your Vodafone mobile." I've tried to explain this to your tech support but they have no idea what I am talking about. 

I finally had a bit of luck with one tech, who understood the issue when I said that the Virgin Wifi said I am a pay as you go customer. However, he said he would need to escalate the issue to the back office (who knows if this was actually done) and that he was not allowed to give me a time frame of how long this would take. I asked if it could take up to a month and he said potentially. Vodafone, this is unacceptable. I am absolutely appauled at how difficult this is to resolve. I am a Vodafone customer, but everyime I call your techs treat me as if they are doing ME a favor. 

View more options
Administrator

@cvon If you're using an iPhone, you won't be able to edit the authentication method in your phone settings. 

So we're able to resolve this using an alternative method, please contact our team directly using the information in my private message

View more options

Having exactly the same issue as above having had my pay monthly contract renewed by Vodafone - how do I get the private message to get this fixed?

View more options
Administrator

@asheppard If you're using an iPhone, then please contact our team using the information in my private message and we'll get you up and running on the London Underground WiFi 😊

View more options

@asheppard wrote:

Having exactly the same issue as above having had my pay monthly contract renewed by Vodafone - how do I get the private message to get this fixed?

Did you by chance recently change sims? The tech support team is pretty useles at helping. I did get a PM on here from someone telling me activated my 4g calling, however it still did not work. One thing I did try out of sheer frustration  (and the it started working!) was to reset my network settings in my iOS settings. Maybe give that a try... if that does infact work, Vodafone take note!!!

View more options