main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

London Underground WiFI

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

Hi TJ,

Since i've changed to the new iPhone XS, I'm having the same problem. I cannot connect to the underground Wi-Fi, even though I'm a monthly user with an active data bundle.

Could you please help me with this?

View more options
3: Seeker

Vodaphone,

Stop telling people to change there authentication settings in WiFi!  All these people including me are having the issue on the iPhone and you cannot change it to the method suggest on that phone. A simple google can tell you that within seconds.

Its a big issue for you, London WiFi is not working, yet it is seemless on networks like EE. As someone who has moved from EE over this is really starting to annoy me as before it worked without issues.

Stop treating everyone like idiots and asking basic questions, are you connecting to the correct SSID - yes or we all wouldn’t be raising the ticket in the first place.

This is a huge issue for you as a network, you need a master ticket for this, not just agents taking 5 days to ask obsolete questions are that are from basic scripts. 

Please stop wasting my time 

View more options

I already posted the solution in an earlier post

View more options

How do I know if that works?

Also, if it doesnt work, how can I unnistall that? 

View more options

It's what you need to change your security settings. You can contact Vodafone directly for it.

View more options
17: Community Champion

@jeffkinn wrote:
Installing this profile might well fix the problem.

It hasn't fixed the problem for me

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

Can you also send me the private message with instructions please? Same problem

Exactly as per thread.

thanks

View more options

hi,get a r218h mini wifi router,get it set up in the shop and connect it to usb,if this works,get rid of the troublesome items and possibly save money.I dont live in london anymore,when i did these things didnt exist,hid it in yr bag,etc,let me know,i use it at home and it has no problem connecting to vodafone.If vodafone is available on london underground wifi,there should be no hassle,after all its only a leaky feeder set up.A signal is a signal,like a piece of

string is a piece of string.

View more options

How can I get help for the same issue on iphone? Who do I send private message to?

View more options

hi.i'm new  here but if yr phone accepts usb input,just get a mini wifi router r218h,get it set up in the shop then try coonecting on the platform as a test,this will save you having to change umpteen settings and i know how fiddly phones are and sometimes the buttons are so small,i'm nothing to do with vodafone,the router is small.Perhaps advise me

View more options

@ilmarcello @COBVoda @FILIPE1992 I've popped you all a private message over with details on how to get in touch. From here we'll be able to securely access your accounts and double check everything's set up correctly to get you up and running on the London WiFi again.

View more options

All,

For the IPhone Xs, this was fixed by upgrading to 12.0.1 - advises by Vodafone support.

View more options

Please can you send the link to me as well as I’m also having this issue

View more options

It seems a common thread, but please can someone help as to how to fix logging on to London Underground WiFi when moving to iPhone Xs, as mine is no longer working

View more options

@Danielf1216 I'm sorry to hear you're also having problems with the London Underground WiFi since moving to the iPhone Xs. We'll be happy to take a closer look at your account too 😊 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team - we'll then be able to help you further. 

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi there,

Do you mind checking my account too? I've not been able to connect to Vodafone Wifi on the Tube since I got my iPhone XS. I'm on iOS 12.0.1 and carrier settings vodafone UK 33.1

Thanks.

View more options
Administrator

Of course we can @voodoofish 😊 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. Once you've done this, we'll be able to have a check on your account and see why the Underground WiFi isn't working. 

View more options

Hello Alex,

I have the same problem and called 191 yesterday. They  told me Vodafone does not support any London underground wifi anymore!!!! So basically they lied to me probably to get rid of me. Can you help me with it as well?

View more options

The issue was fixed for a week but now it’s not working again - please help me and sort this awful service out ASAP. 

View more options

Hi there

I had the same issue on iPhone XS and a 12 month SIM only plan I moved to on the same day I got the phone.

I've had the pain of calling tech support, trying it in the tube (often disconnecting as you have to go into the station), having it fail, be told it surely would work next time and nothing happening. There doesn't seem to be anyone who understands the problem across 191 or Twitter tech support channels.

One support did have me reset my network settings. That enabled me to access thru the virgin portal, Having previously been receiving the message saying I was prepay customer and had no data bundle. Others have mentioned this.

That was progress. But accessing through virgin is inconvenient as the splash screen interrupts often and you have to log in at random points as you move through the tube network.

So I really want to get access to the VodafoneWiFi SSID. As explained (and ignored) many times in this thread and on Vodafone's own support site, the setting that requires changing is enabling EAP-AKA or EAP-SIM carrier WiFi security, something the iPhone requires the carrier to do remotely.

The same tech sent a link to update carrier settings. The link is different to that linked earlier in thread but could be same setting profile. Despite the phone asking if it's ok to open Settings as the link wants to show carrier profile, it does nothing when you click 'Allow'. Maybe it makes changes in the background. Either way, this hadn't worked when I next used the tube 15 mins after receiving and visiting the link. I'll try again next time I'm in the tube.

If someone at Vodafone knows the solution and can shortcut all this then please just PM me or confirm the carrier settings linked above will fix the issue and we can all stop wasting inordinate amounts of time. 

Thanks

View more options