main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

London Underground WiFI

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

I finally made it work just by upgrading ios to the latest version!

I received an e-mail from Vodafone claming they do not provide WIFI in London Underground anymore but I knew it was not true. So I upgraded my Iphone and it worked!

For the future, try to upgrade your Iphone, it may work for you too bc clearly nobody knows the real reason and/or the solution of this problem . Continue to try every option, one will eventually work for you! 

View more options

Hi, I am facing the same issue when trying to use London underground wifi

View more options
4: Newbie

So I sent a private message to the 'special Vodafone team' that deals with connectivity issue with London Underground and now I'm getting random emails from Vodafone that make no sense. An example:  'thank you for your email, we’ve checked your details and they don't match our records.  Please check your details'

What details,  what I am meant to be checking??? This really feels like the usual delay tactics from Vodafone.

View more options
1: Seeker

I’m pretty sure when I got my WiFi credentials there was an advisory that if you experience problems with the WiFi you could text Reset to some number and it was reset your account record on their Radius (server that handles WiFi logons). With EE it’s ‘EEWIFI’ to 9527 so I’m sure there is an equivalent with Voda. 

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi, I’m also having this problem on a fully up to date iPhone XR. Not on a new contract but this worked fine on my old iPhone 6S but not on the new phone. I’ve tried the previously linked profile and I’ve tried resetting network settings.

View more options

@EdLykna It's a shame to hear you're also having problems connecting to the London Underground WiFi. If you've followed all of the advice our moderators have given in this thread and are continuing to experience this issue, please follow the steps I've sent you in a private message with details on how to get in touch. We'll then be able to help you further 😊

View more options

Vodafone were very sad to hear that I could no longer access their wifi service on London Underground.  Vodafone told me to send them a private message and someone would help me.  Fast forward 10 weeks and oh, still the same problem, I have no access to Vodafone wifi on London Underground.

I must dash, I think I can hear Goldilocks and Vodafone's customer services values knocking at my door.

View more options

Can you help resolve my issue please?

View more options

I’m sorry you’re still having difficulty connecting to the London Underground @clivelennon. So we can get this sorted for you, please contact us by following the instructions in this private message.

So we can take another look into this for you @envsf03, please let us know the reference (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received after replying to our private message.

View more options

I haven't had a reply yet from support, my ticket ID is 19990798.

View more options

@Mark moderator I really don't see the point in sending another private message when sending my last one has changed nothing on this issue that I first reported to Vodafone 12 weeks ago. 

I have spent hours upon hours on the phone and via IM trying to get Vodafone to resolve this.  The main issue here Mark is that Vodafone like to play to delay game, by sending your customers round the houses when it comes to providing support or resolving issues.  Question Mark, from reading this forum thread and other older ones and also speaking to friends and work colleagues who are experiencing the same issue - what is the issue that is causing this and why is it taking so long for it to be resolved?

View more options

I’m having the same issue too if someone can send me the message with details to resolve (also on iPhone)

View more options

I've been experiencing the same issue since I renewed my pay monthly contract, last Monday.  I've been given the run around by Vodafone customer services, they've lied, been rude and dismissive, and have wasted so much of my time.

Today it's apparently been escalated (been told that 3 times already, but never happened), but they cannot give me a resolution timeframe.

I have raised a complaint to Vodafone, which I assume they will ignore. I suggest we all start voting with our feet and taking our business to other providers.

View more options
Administrator

@MikeyB81 @Mattprice_86 If you'd like us to have a look into your account to check on your London Underground WiFi, please get in touch using the link in my private message

@envsf03 We work each query on a case by case basis, so there wouldn't be a blanket reason as to why it's happening. We'll continue help those customers who are having difficultly using the service and see it through until it's resolved. 

View more options

Thanks Alex, but after trying to get some straight answers from the 9+ customer service and tech team representatives I have had to waste time speaking to over the last week, I have given up. The last conversation I had with someone from the tech team, I was told that they would look into it, but they cannot give me a proposed resolution, timeline for resolution, and refused to update me on any future progress regarding the issue. 

I spent 35 minutes today, waiting to try and complain over the phone, even though I had received a call back to say I was next in the queue. I have raised a complaint via the website, but doubt I will hear anything back from Vodafone. 

The treatment I have been given by your company is of the lowest possible quality; it's like Vodafone are trying to get rid of customers. Therefore I am leaving

View more options

Hi there,

Recenlty purchased a new iPhone XS, already a customer and switched SIM form previous phone to new phone. London Underground Wifi worked on old phone but not new phone - I want acces to eh Vodafone WIFI that auto conncets not the VIrgin Wifi alternative.

Seems to be a common thread. Pelase advise on how to fix this.

Thanks,

View more options

@MikeyB81 If you change your mind, please follow the details provided in @Alex's private message. Alternatively, our Complaints team will be in touch to discuss your account further with you. We really would like to resolve things when logging in to London Underground WiFi for you and wouldn't like to see you leave us.

@andyparslow So that we can help you with accessing Vodafone Wi-Fi on your new iPhone XS, please follow the details I've sent to you in the private message you'll receive shortly. A member of our team will then be in touch as soon as we receive your information.

View more options

Hi Natasha,

All I got from Alex was a link to follow to register my complaint. I haven't heard anything back since doing that.

I raised a complaint via email, and had a call from the Complaints team, yesterday. They told me the same old rubbish: 

1. Very sorry blah blah

2. Looking into it

3. Cannot give any timescale for resolution

4. Cannot give any updates until it's resolved

I also tried contacting via Twitter, which was totally ignored by the team.

I'm fuming that VF have the cheek to screw me over with price hikes on my contract (that is remaining the same as prior to my renewal), and then ignore me as a long-term customer. To add insult to injury, the day after I renewed, I saw better deals for new customers. 

If I can help it, I will never use Vodafone again. 

View more options

Hello all,

I see this is no closer to being resolved then.

However, I just wanted to share with you how wifi on the London Underground is now working for me, after facing this same problem when I got a new phone and (regrettably) moved to Vodafone a couple of months ago, and I couldn't get it to work either.

The customer service lady just kept telling me that I have to have the Vodafone app open when I use the LU wifi and it'd work fine, which was obviously nonsense so I asked on here, and got ignored, so I did a bit of research.

I found a posting on a forum that linked to someone who had made a Wifi profile for iPhones that claimed to fix this:

https://www.robk.com/fixing-vodafone-uk-subway-wifi

I had spoken with Voda customer services again just before I tentatively installed this profile (it's an 'unsigned' profile) and to my amazement, found that wifi on the tube worked again, on the Virgin wifi option and instead of telling me I was a PAYG customer (I'm not) and refusing to log me in, it went ahead and I was up and running.

Now, I'm not sure if this was down to that profile I installed, or whether someone at Voda fixed something for me, but all I know is that it now works, even after I've uninstalled that profile, so I don't know why!

I'm not advocating anyone installs an unsigned profile, but it's there if you want to try it, and I did, with no adverse effects.

It's obvious Voda customer services have no clue and are completely misadvising people, and the mods on the forums here only know how to copy & paste instructions from a script which we all know are wrong or irrelevant to iPhone users, so anything we as customers can do is a help, I suppose.

I'd be interested to hear if this works for others too.

Matt

View more options

I’ve found Vodafone’s support entirely useless on this so far. I’ve had multiple emails asking for the same information again in different formats. I had one person just forward me a list of questions from tech support, which I’ve heard nothing back about. I’ve been told I’m connecting to the wrong SSID despite telling them twice that I’m not and sending a screenshot. Each time they take two days to reply.

I’m not getting the service I’ve paid for, plus I have to waste time doing this - so I’m pretty annoyed. Clearly this is a wider issue, it can’t  just be a coincidence that we’ve all suddenly had this problem.

View more options