main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

London Underground WiFI

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

@VfNatasha  I don't want to feel this way either Natasha but Vodafone are doing nothing to take this feeling  that as a company you just don't really care when large numbers of your customers are having problems using your services.

Like many other people who have posted on here, your records are wrong.  I spent nearly two hours on the phone at the beginning of September with one of your Vodafone colleagues who had me running to the Underground station to check to see if a change he made on my account had fixed this problems which has been going on now for nearly four months.

I hope Vodafone can see why people affected by this issue and posting in this thread are really not happy with this extremely poor service from Vodafone.  When it's time to pay my monthly mobile phone bill, I don't send Vodafone round the houses to collect my payment.  How about returning the favour and stop asking customer to jump through hoops to have something broken fixed and then not fixing it.

I also find it annoying that Vodafone will not answer any direct customer questions in this thread about this large scale issue/problems with your services.

View more options
2: Seeker

Natasha/Gemma,

Hope you are well. I have the same problem. I used to be able to access WiFi on London Undergorund but cannot any longer since moving to Pay as you Go. I know that my Pay as you Go plan (Big Value Bundle) is eligible for the Free WiFi so can only assume its some configuration problem on my account due to the switch from contract to PayG.

Please can you help investigate?

View more options

Hi @envsf03,  I’m disappointed to hear this.

If you can reply to the last email we sent, we’ll be happy to look into this further.

@chirag28 - It sounds like we just need to make sure your phone settings are correct since you changed to Pay as you go. Follow the steps on our Wi-Fi support page to make sure everythings correct and let us know how you get on.

View more options

Jenny

My settings are correct as it was working until the Pay as you go switch. When logging in, I get an error message about something being wrong with the account setup. 

Can you get this investigated urgently please?

View more options

I'm having this problem also. I'm on a sim only monthly contract. Not sure if it started after I came back from Germany while my sim was registered to the Vodafone network there. Either way, support just tell me to use virgin media which I've never used and get the same error as others here. Mega frustrating and no definitive fix ? 

View more options

I'm having the same issue. I'm on a pay monthly 12mth contract. When I first joined Vodafone in early Dec, it all worked perfectly. Soon afterwards, it stopped. My phone is an iPhone 7Plus. I've tried accessing both the Vodafone and Virgin Media hotspots. Both refuse access.  Any help greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.  

View more options

I have been trying to solve the issue with 10+ emails, 15+ calls to customer services and 2 visits to Vodafone store, replaced (swapped) my SIM, reset network settings maybe 20+ times per their request.  They absolutely have no idea how to solve it, I believe they don't even understand our problem.

I am lucky enough to be able to use Virgin Media Wifi hotspot at least. Good luck to you. 

View more options

Yeah it's pretty bad.  Particularly when it attempts to connect automatically so the situation is forced upon you by Vodafone yet they have no idea how to resolve! 

View more options

I'm really sorry to hear you're all having a problem accessing the London Underground WiFi. As we'll need to access your accounts to help further with this, please contact us through the private message I've sent.

View more options

Yea sure, been there done that. Never helps.

Forum users please don't go through this road and lose your precious hours and temper. 

View more options

I've not even received a private message. Not that it looks like they work anyway...

View more options

Hi Mark, I haven't received a private message. Not sure how many months will it take to resolve this issue. Very disappointing!

View more options

Below is the private message I got. 

I've yet to try it becuase I'm not in London atm. But I can't see how it can work becuase I can't connect to the Vodafone WiFi network nor can I change settings on or delete Vodafone WiFi access point. To me there is a bit of a cover up going on here in that certain Vodafone account changes are killing the SIM controlled connection to Vodafone WiFi. This would be OK if there was some notice of the change or a way to delete the Vodafone WiFi access point (presumably by deleting it from the SIM, which presumably only Vodafone can do? ) 

----

When your next in the London Underground please follow the below steps:

1. When under VodafoneWiFi coverage visit the “WiFi Settings” and tap on “VodafoneWiFi” in the access point list visible on the phone.

2. Scroll to the top and view what the EAP method is currently selected.

3. Edit the EAP method and change it to “AKA”. Then select “Connect”.

4. If this does not connect to VodafoneWiFi, please wait 1 minute and repeat the above process and select “SIM” instead of “AKA” as the EAP method, then select “Connect”.

View more options

These are irrelevant to iPhones, no such settings on IOS. 

The unsigned profile downloaded from below link used to achieve this, but it also stopped working about 3 weeks ago. 

https://www.robk.com/fixing-vodafone-uk-subway-wifi

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please send me this message also as I am having the exact same issue on my iPhone 8

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you send me the information please, I have the same problem 

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem on my iPhone 8, please can you send me the message too

View more options

If you've contacted us through the link in the private message we sent you @ardasaydam, please confirm the case ref (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received and I'll chase this for you.

I'm sorry to hear you're also having a problem accessing the London Underground WiFi @Anonymous, so we can take a look into this for you, please follow the link in the private message I've sent you.

View more options

I have not received a private message. Just wrote an email to your CEO though given the lack of response for about a month. 

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

the private message, is  just a form that You have to fill out to get things escalated further. I didnt even bother as its already been escalated from the phone call I made last week, I’m now waiting for a member of the technical team to contact me. I did manage to get it working earlier though whether they have done something to my account or not I’m not sure. When I tried to connect it said unable to connect but then I turned WiFi calling on and it connected automatically. I’ll try again on my way to work tomorrow and let you know. 

View more options