main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

London Underground WiFI

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

@Vodafone-Jenny  - So, I did what you asked Jenny - yet again I sent a private message and yet again it has been ignored.  It has now been nearly 5 months of me paying Vodafone for a service that they are not providing.  This makes me very sad Jenny and makes me think Vodafone are a very poor company to have my mobile phone  contract with

View more options

@chirag28 I'm sorry you hadn't received the private message. If you'd still like us to look into the problems you're having with your London Underground WiFi, please take a look at the private message I've sent you, with details on how to get in touch. 

@envsf03 It's disappointing to hear you've not had a response. When you followed the steps in the message @Jenny sent you and filled out your details, you should've received an automated response in your email inbox to confirm we've got your request for help. Please double check your spam/junk inbox, in case the automated email went there. It should contain a reference number that looks something like this [#12345678]. Please let us know this number and I'll chase up your query 😊 

View more options

@Vodefone:Collen - I've checked and I have had no email - but so I'm really really clear on this Collen -   you're  asking me to find a referance number that Vodafone gave me so you can use it chase up your collegues in vodafone?!!!

View more options
2: Seeker

Tip for Vodafone / moderators to make your life easier... Why the big secretive / private message approach? It just annoys people and makes your life harder. Pin 📍 a reply saying it's most likely I) a problem/change with you account / SIM setting (message or call us and we'll fix it) and/or II) the phone setting with EPA SIM/AKA settings  (here's how to check and fix it). Simple!

View more options
17: Community Champion
The reason they do this is because most if not all of the problems are account related rather than a systemic issue and account matters have to be discussed privately.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

Uh sure, that's what I said! 

View more options

Me too - you can't speak to Vodafone over the phone about this either.  Not sure why disccusing your accout over the phone is an issue.  Oh no, I do - then Vodafone can't give you the run around and hide behind a forum.

If you like me feel that Vodafone have had amplie time to resolve this issue or least be honest about about the issue is - I would recommend logging a complaint with the Communications Ombudsman Services as Vodafone have not resolved this within 8 weeks :

Contact Ombudsman Services: Communications

The best way to contact the Ombudsman Services: Communications is by phoning them on +44 (0)330 440 1614

Or you can send them an email at osenquiriesATos-communications.org

Or you can contact them by post:

Ombudsman Services: Communications
PO Box 730
Warrington
WA4 6WU

View more options

The Ombudsman may well have a view on this but we need to remember that this is not a service that forms part of their terms and conditions. They are not contractually bound to supply it  - it's a discretionary added benefit and thus the network cannot be forced to supply it to us.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

When I signed up to my Vodafone contract wifi on the London Underground was advertised as part of that  contract. Vodafone formally confrimed over the phone when I arranged my contract.

View more options
Look at the Pay Monthly Terms & Conditions – not mentioned in there I don’t think.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

T&Cs don't matter much in this case  Whatever is the implied contact is important. If they were offering and advertising the service and you thought you were getting it, then you can expect to get it. Unless it is formally withdrawn, which clearly it isn't.  

View more options

Lets stop this - I've reported it to the Obusman and OFCOM - lets not second guess their investigations.

View more options
I hope you’re right – I don’t think you are but good luck. I suffer from this issue as well.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
Keep us posted please

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

@Bullerd1 to securely access people's accounts and forward any information requested by our Technical team; to look in to the issues people have been facing, we'll first need customers to get in touch via the private message we send out. 

It's a great comment you've made about updating your settings and anyone using an android phone can try the following:

1. When under VodafoneWiFi coverage visit the “WiFi Settings” and tap on “VodafoneWiFi” in the access point list visible on the phone.
  2. Scroll to the top and view what the EAP method is currently selected.
  3. Edit the EAP method and change it to “AKA”. Then select “Connect”.
  4. If this does not connect to VodafoneWiFi, please wait 1 minute and repeat the above process and select “SIM” instead of “AKA” as the EAP method, then select “Connect”.

View more options

If this is the issue, then why can't your Technical Support team do this manually for iPhone users?

I have been on the phone at least 15 times trying to resolve this issue.  I raised a complaint, and each time I get the same replies. 

"We will reset your account password and I pomise you it will work."

"Have you tried resetting your network settings? I ensure you this will work."

"Have you tried entering your account name and password when requested?  I promise this will work."

"We will send you some new settings.  If you install them, I ensure you this will work."

Each time I am told that it will be escalated if it doesn't work, and each time I end up exactly where I started.

It happened when I changed to the new iPhone XS.  I also had to change SIM card at the same time, but all account details remain the same.

The last communication I had was on Wednesday last week, and nothing since.  Simple not good enough.

I've hated having to deal with Vodafone support in the past, but this has really taken it to new levels.

I am very keen to see how this progresses with the involvement of the Ombudsman.  

I've had enough of this incompetence.  

View more options

@JGWHITE3 I'm sorry to hear that you're continuing to experience issues connecting to the London Underground Wi-Fi service after contacting us.

We'd like to take a closer look into this for you and ensure that this is resolved. So we can do this, please follow the details that I've sent to you via private message. A member of our team will then be able to discuss your query further and access your account securely.

View more options

Thanks for responding.  But all the Private Message asks me to do is fill in another generic form to explain the issue once again.

I've done it, but unfortuantely I don't have any faith whatsoever that this will help.  I will no doubt receive a phone call where I will have to provide exactly the same information again, get another "promise" that it will work the next time I use it, only to find out that it doesn't. 

I'm about done with Vodafone.

View more options

This might be an urban myth but I've heard that swinging your phone around your head on Pancake Tuesday whilst balancing a banana on your nose may get the London Underground wifi working again.  Can Vodafone confirm this?

View more options

So, I have the truth that Vodafone have been trying to hide for over a year now. 

Vodafone had an agreement with Virgin's to use their hardware/network to provide wifi on London Underground.  However, that agreement ended and Vodafone are trying to renegotiate another contract with Virgin.  So I take the private message route is Vodafone giving its customers the run-around whilst they see if they can/are going to renew their agreement with Virgin.

Things are so much clearer and easier when you tell the truth!!

View more options