main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

London Underground Wifi discontinued

SOLVED
View solved solution
17: Community Champion

@Sumit80wrote:

. Just had a chat with Customer services  they told me no one is able to access London underground WiFi  

Not exactly true seeing as I was happily connected earlier this evening. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
1: Seeker

After having been told a number of different things by Vodafone over the course of the last 3 weeks, I just got off the phone to Customer Services and was also told that access to the Virgin media wifi on the London Underground is being progressively decomissioned across all customers (where any changes are made to contracts). Nothing further that they can do. Not happy

View more options

We have been assured several times by the team that runs this forum, who have spoken to the product manager, that this is not true. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

@edb222 As @jeffkinn has mentioned, London Underground WiFi is definitely not being discontinued 😊

If this does change in the future, our website will be updated accordingly. 

View more options
13: Advanced Member

@Colleen Perhaps someone should inform the large number of CS agents who appear to have a completely different take on the situation? Providing them with a script detailing what to do to get connected would also be useful.

View more options
3: Seeker

Well I even talked to customer services manager. Who put me on hold to have a chat with technical support . The reply I received was no Vodafone users can access London underground WiFi. Left Vodafone as every customer support representative kept on giving different reasons, complete circus. 

View more options
16: Advanced member

And that could be because the WiFi to connect to is Vodafone WiFi and not the Virgin Media.

I have in recent times always connected automatically to Vodafone WiFi. I have Virgin Media WiFi setup as well but using the Virgin Media details.

View more options

@Sumit80 wrote:

Well I even talked to customer services manager. Who put me on hold to have a chat with technical support . The reply I received was no Vodafone users can access London underground WiFi. Left Vodafone as every customer support representative kept on giving different reasons, complete circus. 

It simply is not true. I connect to Vodafone WiFi all the time without any let or hindrance. I'm not a Virgin Media customer and I have no Virgin Media credentials of any kind.

Having said that, if I couldn't connect for the 20 minutes I might be Underground, it would be a nuisance but hardly worth changing networks over. But everyone has their own priorities.

The team here do need to investigate why this false information keep cropping up. It simply is not good enough.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
13: Advanced Member

Yes, whoever is peddling the lie that you can't use wifi underground needs to stop it -perhaps names would be useful?   I was connected to Vodafone wifi yesterday whilst underground and was talking to someone who upgraded at the beginning of April who also had no problems with connecting at the end of last week.  Both of us are using Vodafone - not Virgin.  As a Vodafone customer you may struggle if you try to connect through Virgin even though VF (like the other mobile companies) use the same network underground as Virgin.

View more options

Hi all, as @Colleen has advised we can confirm that London Underground WiFi will be staying.

There's been a recent internal communication to help and avoid any further confusion in the future across all of our sites and departments.

Should anyone need assistance in accessing this service, please try our troubleshooting steps.

View more options
2: Seeker

Have been on the phone to the complaints team multiple times on this exact same issue. The tech team are still saying that the service is being discontinued while other teams are saying it still exists (even though I have told them of your position as of today 1 May 2018).

The complaints team can't resolve this and I am now waiting for a deadlock letter to take this to the Ombudsman so that Vodafone can explain to them why is it that the customer is at the losing end here when Vodafone can't get this straightened out internally.

View more options
Highlighted

As we'll need access to your account to look into your query @justin_ please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options
1: Seeker

Hello!

I was having the same issue for the same reasons.

I called Vodafone yesterday (12th May) and although the guy on the phone was very helpful and very pleasant, he too told me that the service was being "decommisioned". To be fair to him, he put me on hold twice while he checked wih others who, it would appear, confirmed the same thing. Whatever memos and reminders are being sent to your representatives and tech team are either not being read or not being received!

I googled the problem and came to these threads... In the meantime, I played around with my phone while at a station and solved the problem myself.

I had always logged on using Virgin Media Wifi - VodafoneWifi was also available but never connected. It would appear that it is the cooperation with Virgin Media that is being decommisioned. But (!), VodafoneWifi is still there and still available so I again tried.

• I long pressed VodafoneWifi
  • Selected "Modify Network"
  • I clicked EAP Method and then selected "SIM"

From there, it took me directly to the connection page. Once I clicked on "Connect", it worked. It has worked since and has auto-connected at all stations.

My apologies for the long winded post but I wanted to post something for the people (like me) that aren't super techno friendly and couldn't give a hoot about jargon.

I hope it helps someone and dear moderators, can you please again clarify things with your customer care team and your product managers? Yes, Virgin Media WiFi may be decommisioned but VodafoneWiFi still works and they should know this. I have called several times over the last few weeks and at no time has one of your team explained my options to me. All simply informed me that WiFi was not available.

It is issues like this that are giving you guys a bad reputation! I have found your representatives to be friendly, polite and helpful but unfortunately not adequately supported by their own company or your product managers when it comes to communication. This was a simple issue to fix and customer care should have known about it.

View more options

I'm sorry there seems to have been a mix up with the information being provided by our customer service teams @glondon. We'll feed this back and make sure the correct information is being provided going forward.

I'm glad to hear you've been able to connect again. I'm sure your post will be useful to a lot of customers 👍

View more options

Just been on the phone with Vodafone for over half an hour.

I get the same message when connecting to VirginMediaWiFi that others had reported "As a pre-pay customer you need an active data bundle. Please call 191" despite the fact I have been on the 25GB data plan for a couple of years.

Customer Service tell me that because I renewed in March I no longer have access to the london underground wifi. When I insisted I speak to a manager the very rude operative just told me I was wasting my time because a manager would tell me the same. I was on hold for 20 minutes to speak to said manager, but had to hang up in the end

View more options

I'm sorry to hear you were given incorrect information when you contacted us about our London Underground WiFi service @neilrw71

So we can help with your query and make sure the advisers error is fedback, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options

I Have been told the same thing today! 25/05/18.

Terrible.

View more options

If this works....I'll find you and kiss you.

View more options

Thanks, glondon, your connection advice worked for me!  I used to use VirginMedia wifi with auto-connect but it stopped working with my new contract a couple of months ago.

So, following your steps on Android, I connected to Vodafone Wifi, then long-pressed it and chose modify settings, ensuring that EAP connection and "SIM" was selected...Once I got it connected the first time it now auto-connects!  Brilliant!

View more options

All they had to say is that I needed to change to the VodafoneWiFi.... how difficult is that?

View more options