main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

London Underground Wifi discontinued

SOLVED
View solved solution
13: Advanced Member

Using Vodafone was in the link on my very early post in this thread - to me that’s the main problem most people seem to have.

View more options
3: Seeker

Yeah, I know others have posted to use Vodafone Wifi, which I tried, but it never worked for me _until_ I long-pressed to change networking settings to use EAP method and "SIM".  That was the key change to make it work for me.

View more options

The other significant problem seems to be a conviction amongst front-line staff that the service has been discontinued entirely. I'm sure that efforts have been made to disabuse them of this idea, but while it persists, the correct advice and help often isn't forthcoming.

I have some sympathy, having experienced a situation in which half of my office were sending out a leaflet with wrong and potentially dangerous info in one small paragraph. It was extraordinarily difficult to get the problem to stay fixed, and although I was in the group who grasped the problem and sent out the correct version , there is probably still a disciplinary note on my file from a manager who was convinced that I rather than he had it round my neck.

View more options
2: Seeker

Has anyone found a solution for those using iPhone 7? Still unable to connect to London Underground WiFi with Vodafone having had them renew my contract in July. Same story - virgin media login method used to work previously now does not and the Vodafone WiFi asks for my username and password which are correct then simply says unable to connect. Infuriating Vodafone - Please can someone help me 

View more options
Administrator

@asheppard I've replied on your other thread here

View more options

Yes, you just need to connect to VodafoneWIFI now instead.

View more options

@neilrw71 wrote:

Yes, you just need to connect to VodafoneWIFI now instead.

That's fine and dandy, unless you happen to have an iPhone. If you have an iPhone, you'll need input from Vodafone CS, except that most of them don't know how to do it. Follow Alex's link above to get to the thread that will get you sorted.

View more options

Hi Alex,

Could you please respond to my private message as I am facing the same issue

Thanks in advance

View more options

Just been on to Vodafone on chat, and they have confirmed that London Underground wifi HAS been discontinued for all new contracts. 

I was not told this when I last "upgraded" my plan, and the website does not mention it anywhere. 

To me this is unscrupulous mis-selling at best, fraud at worst. 

It's fine to discontinue services, but tell your customers, and stop advertising them!!!

View more options

Just been on to Vodafone on chat, and they have confirmed that London Underground wifi HAS been discontinued for all new contracts. 

I was not told this when I last "upgraded" my plan, and the website does not mention it anywhere. 

To me this is unscrupulous mis-selling at best, fraud at worst. 

It's fine to discontinue services, but tell your customers, and stop advertising them!!!

View more options
17: Community Champion
I k now you’ve just been told this but it is categorically not true. This has happened several times where CS personnel have given out this fake news. London Underground WiFi is continuing but there is a problem with the new iPhones and iOS 12. Ignore the false information you’ve been given and strive for a resolution of your problem.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

A few problems with your response. Firstly, I am using Android, not iOS. 

Secondly, this was working fine for me (on the same phone) until I "upgraded" my plan.

Thirdly, I have just spoken to multiple people at vodafone and all said the same thing - that Wifi has been discontinued for all new/renewed contracts.

The fact that wifi no longer works on LU, combined with the fact that no one at VF is willing to do anything about it because they all think it's been discontinued, means there's no way to resolve it. So even if they all have their messaging wrong, it is self-fulfilling and therefore effectively true. It is a categorical fact that Vodafone no longer offers WiFi on the tube. Please stop claiming otherwise, it only makes it worse. 

The website still advertises it all over the place, and this forum is insistent that it is still offered. This to me adds up to either mis-selling or false advertising or both. I'm no lawyer, it's a decision for Ofcom to make. 

I for one would not have stayed with Vodafone had I known. I use my hour commute to check my work emails, so this is more than a minor inconvenience. 

View more options

I use an android phone, updated the contract a couple of months ago and I know that Vodafone wifi on the underground does still work for me.  There was a hiccup which involved clearing out saved wifi connections, clearing caches etc but I did that, trying various options, while I was sitting on a station for about 10 minutes so it wasn't too difficult.

I can see that there is a bigger problem for Iphone users.

View more options
17: Community Champion

I know there are Android problems as well.

The problem can be resolved. WiFi has NOT been discontinued but it is a problem that Vodafone needs to address. CS personnel have been giving out this fake news for months and no one seems to be able to stop it from happening. It's never been true.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

I had a same issue and Vodafone CS, when I upgraded my plan. Tech support kept on misguiding me for a month . Customer support manager suggested they have discontinued and also double checked with Technical support as well. There is definitely something wrong with Vodafone, which they are hiding. Switched to O2 , was connected to LU wifi without any hassle.

For sure it is a clear case of Misselling , but vodafone support will tire you and frustrate you. Will highly recommend explore option of cancelling your contract.

View more options

I am genuinely pleased for you. However just because it works for you doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist for other people. 

I have tried everything you mentioned among other things with no success, this is more than a "hiccup" in my case (and many others apparently). This is why I contacted VF for help. They have not been helpful unfortunately. 

This is a genuine problem. A bigger problem is VF's attitude to their customers, their poor (at times rude) customer service, and their false advertising/mis-selling. Given that they were fined almost £5m by Ofcom just 2 years ago for mis-selling, you'd think they'd be more careful about this kind of thing. 

View more options

@Sumit80 wrote:

I had a same issue and Vodafone CS, when I upgraded my plan. Tech support kept on misguiding me for a month . Customer support manager suggested they have discontinued and also double checked with Technical support as well. There is definitely something wrong with Vodafone, which they are hiding. Switched to O2 , was connected to LU wifi without any hassle.

For sure it is a clear case of Misselling , but vodafone support will tire you and frustrate you. Will highly recommend explore option of cancelling your contract.

Thanks for the advice, It sounds like O2 is the way to go if you need access to WiFi on the tube, I will just need to get out of my contract. Shouldn't be a problem given the mis-selling, but this is Vodafone we're talking about. 

View more options

@jeffkinn wrote:

I know there are Android problems as well.

The problem can be resolved. WiFi has NOT been discontinued but it is a problem that Vodafone needs to address. CS personnel have been giving out this fake news for months and no one seems to be able to stop it from happening. It's never been true.

Hmm, who do I believe - everyone I've spoken to at Vodafone plus my own actual real-life experience, or random conspiracy theory guy on a forum? As I've already said above, if WiFi doesn't work and Vodafone are not willing to even look into fixing it, then it has effectively been discontinued and VF are advertising a service they no longer provide.  

View more options

You said:

'I am genuinely pleased for you. However just because it works for you doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist for other people. '

I accept that a problem exists for you (and particularly for Iphone users) and I accept that you have told us that Vodafone customer service staff are saying to you that it is no longer available.  That must be very annoying.

However, you cannot say that it is a categorical fact that Vodafone (as a company) no longer offers wifi on the tube because that is not the case.

View more options

By the way, I also have an O2 contract phone and have never been able to get that working on the tube.  Because the Vodafone one works, I've given up bothering about O2.   I would suggest that you try it out in some way before you jump that way.

View more options