main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

London Underground Wifi discontinued

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

@TimGriff6 wrote:

By the way, I also have an O2 contract phone and have never been able to get that working on the tube.  Because the Vodafone one works, I've given up bothering about O2.   I would suggest that you try it out in some way before you jump that way.


It's really quite sad that VF staff have to masquerade as customers on this forum to try and defend the company. 

Don't tell me - you're don't work for VF, you're just a VF fanboy (a weird concept in itself) who spends all his time on the VF forum and just happens to also have a contract with VF competitors even though they're not as good. 

 

View more options
17: Community Champion
Here’s another categorical truth. Vodafone staff don’t masquerade here or anywhere else. Anyone who posts who does not have a Vodafone logo as part of their name is a customer just like you – and me.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
3: Seeker

I am not here to compare Vodafone vs O2 . Just gave someone suggestion. Either you are brainwashed by vodafone or don't know what inspires you to keep on defending Vodafone.  

Lets go by facts :

Fact1 :  London underground wifi issue for over 8 months now.

Fact2 : People still have problems

Fact 3 : Vodafone gives Customer response , they have discontinued LU wifi

Fact 4 : You still defending Vodafone . Not sure why?

It all boils down to Vodafone know about issue and they don't want to do anything about it.

 

 

View more options
13: Advanced Member

I'm not sure why you need to be quite so rude but I am an ordinary customer like everyone here except those people identified as Vodafone employees.

I get emails advising me of updates to this thread because I helped someone solve their problem with this earlier on.

I happen to have contracts with different companies because I choose to for reasons that are not relevant to this discussion.

Please don't act like you have done towards me - it won't get your problem solved.  Being nicer might.

View more options
3: Seeker

@jeffkinn wrote:
Here’s another categorical truth. Vodafone staff don’t masquerade here or anywhere else. Anyone who posts who does not have a Vodafone logo as part of their name is a customer just like you – and me.

Haha - brilliant. Good job you remembered to get the "and me" in at the end just before you hit send!! 

Seriously though, thanks for confirming that I was right. Read your post back and ask yourself if a customer would really write that. How stupid do you think your (real) customers are? 

Please now leave this post for real customers with real issues, unless you're actually planning to help in some way. You are starting to embarrass yourself.  

View more options
13: Advanced Member

The problem here is surely that the issue has been running a lot longer that 8 months, and noone from Vodafone has apparently ever bothered to correct the crazy script that CS and technical support work from when contacted by irate customers. The people who do make a positive contribution here, attempting to put the record straight and to point the customers in the right direction, are other customers who have fought their way through Vodafone's extraordinary lack of customer care, and try to share it with the rest of us.

If we go knocking the people who try to help us, and they give up, we'll be entirely dependent on the nonsense read out to us by CS - many of whom appear to have no interest at all in Vodafone. It would be far more useful to knock the CS effort, and try to get it raised to the level offered by the customers.

View more options
3: Seeker

@ToniCa wrote:

The problem here is surely that the issue has been running a lot longer that 8 months, and noone from Vodafone has apparently ever bothered to correct the crazy script that CS and technical support work from when contacted by irate customers. The people who do make a positive contribution here, attempting to put the record straight and to point the customers in the right direction, are other customers who have fought their way through Vodafone's extraordinary lack of customer care, and try to share it with the rest of us.

If we go knocking the people who try to help us, and they give up, we'll be entirely dependent on the nonsense read out to us by CS - many of whom appear to have no interest at all in Vodafone. It would be far more useful to knock the CS effort, and try to get it raised to the level offered by the customers.


I completely agree. Most people on here make a positive contribution and are helpful, which is why we come here for help in the face of terrible CS from vodafone. 

However, when someone pitches in repeatedly just to blindly defend vodafone and insist (against all facts) that the problem doesn't exist, it is extremely counterproductive and frustrating.

It would be great if someone from Vodafone could chip in at some point and clear this up one way or the other. 

 

 

View more options
17: Community Champion

@User3011 wrote:

Please now leave this post for real customers with real issues, unless you're actually planning to help in some way. You are starting to embarrass yourself.  


Having hung around this forum for several years now helping fellow customers, do you think you're the first to make these pathetic remarks? Most people are grateful to get some honest advice from a fellow customer with no axe to grind or any vested interests. But every now and again someone like you comes along.

 

Good luck but with your attitude you don't deserve it or are entitled to it frankly.

 

 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
17: Community Champion

I can confirm that Jeff is genuinely trying to help and is always well-informed.   There's really no need for abuse here.   It's a forum, not social media

View more options
Moderator

I'm sorry to hear you've all been given the incorrect information about the London underground WiFi. As @jeffkinn and @hrym have advised this hasn't been discontinued. I'm sorry you've had problems accessing this service, you can find information on resolving this in our online support pages. Please let us know how you get on after following these steps or if you have any further queries regarding this. 

View more options