Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lost in Transit (Repair)

MAW_17
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I gave the my phone for repair under warranty on the 27th of Nov. I was told my handset was repair on the 30th of november and on its way back to the store. I was informed by customer service that it was ready to be collected on the 4th, I go the store and there was no phone.  Again, on the 5th I was again told asked to go the store as they confirmed with the repair centre that it was ready to be collected but again no phone when I went there. 

After this I was informed that my phone is lost in transit and the issue has been escalated to higher technical team who will contact me in 24 hours. I waitied and no one called. I then requested to speak to a senior member of staff (team leader) as at this point I had enough of being fobbed off. I was informed that in order for that, the team leader would need 24 hours. that hit the nail for me on how shoddy the customer service is when your really need some help. I still have not received any call back. 

I then contacted the complaints team who said that they need to fill a form LOST IN TRANSIT to trace the phone and that has NO TIME FRAME but later changed to a month. In that time, they going to send me a Andriod phone to use. 

My concern, why should I be the one going through this while they find the phone. It is an internal issue, i have not lost the phone nor have I stopped paying my monthly bills. Should they replace the handset (even a refurb) and let me get on with my life until they do their investigation and once they find the phone they can keep it to themselves. 

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Its reasonable for Vodafone to need to investigate what has happened but with the least impact on you as possible. 

Let the Team here catch up with your post and I'm.sure they'll help you with this situation if they can. 

It sounds like youll have to abide by the timeframes. The very least that they can do us send a courtesy phone in the interim which i note they are. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MAW_17 We'd like to investigate this with you and discuss your options. 

So we're able to access your account and assist, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team directly. 

Hi,

I am having a very similar situation at the present. I hope Vodafone have sorted it out?

I took my phone in to my nearest Vodafone store for a repair via the Vodafone Insurance plan (I have - or shall I say HAD a Samsung S8+

As far as the repair team are aware, the phone has never reached them. After nearly 2 weeks of being fobbed off by the store (customer service team on the phone was very helpful however, whenever the called or emailed the store nobody answered their calls or emails) - the store finally admitted today it must be lost somehow lost in transit. To add to this the store knew it was was missing since Thursday but waited until Saturday to tell me and that was only because I turned up at the store. If they was to ever answer their store phone (which always seems to be turned off for some reason) it could had saved me a trip to town. 

Further to this, I'm also dissapointed that on my second occasion in the store to enquire if there was an update on my phone (this was Monday this week) the teammember in the store who I spoke to was very defensive/dismissive and argumentative of the fact my phone was not back from repair after 5 days. And that it can take up to 14. Eventually I managed to persued him to call the insurance company and when they said it wasn't there I knew something was up. I was given a, what I'm going to call a Billy-no make courtesy Android phone which transpired when I got home not to work at all. Luckily I have a old iphone but it needs to be pinned together in order to charge properly. But besides the point I've paid for a Samsung S8+ and for the last 2 weeks I have been without it. 

I've paid a lot of money for the last 18 months for insurance + loss cover, and I'm now waiting for another in-store process that can take up to 28 days I've been told to be actioned in order to get a replacement phone organised. Considering my partner who is with 3Mobile when he smashed his screen they sent him a replacement handset the next day and he posted his smashed one back (which they must repair then give to the next customer who needs one) this insurnace in comparasion is way behind the standards of Vodafones competitors. 

I appreciate mistakes happen but this Vodafone store in question have not been honest with me and have kept me in the dark with what's going on. I appreciate that processes are in place however it's very clear that the phone has been lost by either the store or the currier so why am I being delayed in being issued a replacement phone? 

Danny
Galaxy S8+less Customer. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dpellis32 Thanks for posting on our Community forum and I appreciate the detailed breakdown that you've given. It's a massive shame it's taking so long to sort out a replacement phone and we'd be more than happy to take a look into your account, to see if there's anything we can do to speed the process up. 

So we're able to securely access your details, please follow the instructions in my private message. A member of our team will then be in touch 🙂

Hello,

I followed them instructions, unfortunatly however nobody got into contact with me.

I've filled out an online complaints form let's hope somebody responds from that. 

hrym

When you responded to the team, you should have received an acknowledgement with a reference number.   Did you get that?   If so, post the number here and the team will be able to check the queue.   If you didn't get an acknowledgement (they sometimes go to spam, so check that too), the message didn't send, of wasn't routed, properly.  I assume you followed exactly the instructions about what to put in the subject line?

Yes I did, EFT195 - I followed it through and didn't hear anything back.

I spent nearly an hour on the phone to cust services today only for it to transpire that I need to fill in the online complaints form... which I've done but I'm not holding out for a response or a resolution as my faith in Vodafone has now deeply diminished. 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dpellis32 I'm sorry to hear you hadn't received any follow up from your email into our team :Worried_Face: We'll be happy to chase up why this has happened. Please can you provide us with your unique email reference number? This will be included in the automated reply's 'subject' field.

See previous reply.... EFT195.