Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lost my number!!!

si2045
1: Seeker

Recently  enquired about puttin my pay monthly number onto payg sim, which vodafone helped with, but after doing the port accross i have new number on pay montly but vodafone have now lost my original number telling me i cannot have it back! The i have had for the last 20years has somehow dissapeard into the system, i am very dissapointed that vodafone let this happen.....

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @si2045

It takes 30 days before a pay monthly number moves to payg, Vodafone will then send you a new SIM for the number. 

It's unlikely the number will be completely lost.  The forum team will pick up the thread and will be able to find what has happened to your original number. 

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @si2045 we're happy to look into your query further. Please send us your details via the private message I've sent you. 

Hi,

i lost my number some years ago. It was meant to be transferred from Vodafone pay monthly to sim only temporarily.

somehow the transfer wasn’t completed correctly. 

I was advised to wait some months. 

Move made complaints to ofcom but no one has been able to help as the number was locked.

i come across this forum, tried the number and noticed that it no longer has the error message.

id really like to get this number back as I have some lost friends. They would have my old number.

please advise how I can resolve this.

kind Regards 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Stuartrmcminn How long have you been without the number exactly? Are you aware as to whether the number has since been recycled? 

I’m sorry, I’m not aware it’s a few years

Then your number is probably recycled and allocated to someone now.

Numbers are reused after being kept in Quarantine for a while. They don't have infinite numbers so have to recycle them.