Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Maritime charges

zjk45
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Is it correct that I was charged £6 for sending one text on a cruise ship sailing in Europe even though I had an automated text from Vodafone saying texts cost 60 p?

Important Information: You're now connected to a Maritime Network, offered on ferries and ships. Making a call costs £2.40 per minute, receiving one costs £1.80 per minute. Texts are 60p to send, but they're free to receive. To help you manage costs, data services are only available to our business customers, charged at £7.20/MB (inc. VAT). These costs reflect what we're charged by the Maritime network operator. Have a good trip.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @zjk45 

You would have connected to the ships own network and unless the phone picked up a connection from a roam further country you should not have been charged the daily roam further charge of £6.00.

If the choose maritime on this link:  Travelling Abroad you will be able to see the charges.

If you have received the bill, the quickest way to get this clarified is by using live chat or call Customer Services, they will be able to investigate.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

I would suggest you contact Vodafone support via 191 or Live Chat and they should be able to clear up what you've been charged for @zjk45 

Also Vodafone Social Media can help via Vodafone Facebook or Vodafone Twitter.

Some info in Travelling-abroad.

Screenshot_20190526-181718_Samsung Internet.jpg

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @zjk45 

You would have connected to the ships own network and unless the phone picked up a connection from a roam further country you should not have been charged the daily roam further charge of £6.00.

If the choose maritime on this link:  Travelling Abroad you will be able to see the charges.

If you have received the bill, the quickest way to get this clarified is by using live chat or call Customer Services, they will be able to investigate.