Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Massive Increase in Data Usage/ Allowance + Passes

7thCircleOfHell
4: Newbie

*** EDIT***  Please read this lengthy complaining thread if you like - or save yourself some time. Vodafone have today told 2 of us that there is a problem with data use and they are trying to fix it - so if you have suddenly used all your data get onto their complaints line 03333 041 524 

We have pay monthly Mobile Broadband.  15gb for £15 plus the now defunct passes - Combi Pass so all passes for a further £15. We began the contract in Dec 2018 after looking carefully. We live on a boat and work from home so need reliable internet etc.

All good so far.

Our first couple of months we used a reasonable amount of data per month outside our passes. Less than 2gb in total. So little in fact we looked at downgrading our 15gb to less. We didn't in the end.

Suddenly in February around the 20th - just after we got a message saying 'we've been carrying out some technical changes and during this time we switched you over to unlimited data ... these changes are complete, switched back etc etc.' our data use leapt up.

Now I have downloaded our latest bill and Feb 12th - 20th our highest daily use of data against our 15gb allowance was 2.74mb - and often more like 0.5 averagely - on the 21st that increases to 349.117 and keeps up that pace - cresting at over 2000mb per day - until we hit our limit.

I have spent 4 hours today talking to Vodafone and Voxi customer services. I have spoken to 13 different people in all. I have been reassured that my passes are working fine.

Nobody can tell me why my data use has sky rocketed. Our online behaviour has not changed at all.

It is a strange coincidence it has happened since that technical jiggery pokery on or around the 20th of Feb.

Has anyone any idea what might have happened? Has it also happened to you?

What can be done?

There is no actual explanation for why our data use has leapt 1800x when we've done nothing different.

65 REPLIES 65

Yes, I have also got the 12 month contract, 30GB of data a month with the added video pass which is unlimited?  ( apparently ). 

I’m also 4 months into this contract and the issues only occurred after the technical changes they decided to do, when they switched us all over to unlimited. 

I’ve received no email 

I'm sorry to hear you've not received auto responses to your emails @Chelseamc2000 and @7thCircleOfHell. If you've not received these, your email's not reached us. Please check your junk/spam inbox for these.

I received a private message.

What I meant was the code in it didn't work so I couldn't send a response.

Apologies for the misunderstanding @7thCircleOfHell, I've resent the private message. When you add the code, please ensure this is the only information in the field, this isn't copied and there are no spaces before or after this.

I have sent a message.

Please confirm it has been received.

Thanks

@7thCircleOfHell Thanks for letting us know you've got in touch, using the details in the private message. 
You should have received an automated response via email. There will be a reference number in the subject line that looks something like this [#12345678]. Please let me know this reference and I'll be able to check we've received your message 😊 

I've sent an email .

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the update @Chelseamc2000 👍 

The number is #20620691

We have not yet received a reply.