Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Me!!!failed a credit check ?

Morgandillan
1: Seeker

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue.  Just as a bit of background.  I have previously had 2 Vodafone phone contracts (one through a third party site) j have a mortgage and a credit card and have never missed one payment on any of them and I am on the electrol roll I have not moved in 10 years and use less than 25% of my available credit.  I have an excellent credit score across all three of the major credit files.  So can anyone explain why I can get a phone direct through Vodafone but the third party site have told me that Vodafone have declined me a contract after a credit check.  Vodafone direct are £9.50 a month more than the third party and there is no evidence of the credit check on my account.  Is this some sort of scam by Vodafone to force you to renew with them ?

3 REPLIES 3

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

It could be anything. They may have misspelt your name or address for example.

I had a problem with a third party order and Vodafone told me that no credit check had been performed it was just a systems failure. Mobiles.co.uk ran it again manually and it went through. They want the commission so it's in their interest to open a new account and get it working, though one guy I called from there was useless, the next was helpful, so if you get nowhere, hang up and call again.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Morgandillan

Sometimes soft searches are performed as not to leave a mark on your Credit File. 

Neither Vodafone or the independent would be permitted to give a reason as to why a person is declined. 

I'd suggest to double check your Credit File via Experian. 

Even a person with a good Credit Score is not guaranteed to be accepted I'm afraid. 

It's best to let 90 days pass before further applications to let a Credit File recover. 

You could see if Vodafone UK can better or match the offer you've seen. 

I wish you all the best.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Morgandillan

This is a regular occurance where a contract has been taken out through a third party and it has turned out to be a system fault at the third party end.

If the check has not even been completed by the third party, there should be no reason for you to have to wait for a further three months, definitely take @chistery's advise and go back to the third party and insist they do a manual credit check search.

It's amazing that this third party seller is decline Vodafone contracts, they must be losing Vodafone many customers.