Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Merge Two Lines?

Chris82
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

My Vodafone contract is due to expire next month, so I've been looking around at other deals. I saw one on e2save that with their cashback, I thought was a good offer, so I signed up earlier. The e2save website said it didn't matter if you were a new Vodafone customer or an existing one upgrading.

Over the last few hours the order has gone through, but rather than simply upgrading my existing package, I can now can see two different numbers on My Vodafone. Presumably as Vodafone thinks I've now got two lines I'm going to end up getting charged twice. How can I merge these into one, or otherwise remove one of them (preferably while keeping my existing number), before I end up with two bills?

Thanks for any assistance.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Chris82

You have found the problem when trying to upgrade through a third party, you have been sold a new contract with a new number, the reason for this is because new customer contracts bring in more commission than upgrading.

There are three ways for transferring the number to your new contract.

1. Ask Vodafone for a PAC code for your previous number, the number will then need to be moved as PAYG on any other alternative network and port back into Vodafone on the third party contract. This is also going to mean topping up and making a few chargeable connections to get the number fully active on the network.

2.  Cancel the old number and ask Vodafone to put the number on PAYG, this will take 30 days to complete.

3. Cancel the third party contract and take an upgrade direct through Vodafone and try and negotiate a loyalty discount.

Hi Ann

Thanks for your reply.

The first option sounds like a lot of hassle, and I'll likely end up with credit on the temporary SIM on another network in order to activate it, before I pass my preferred number onto it, and back again. The second option keeps my preferred number, but has it on PAYG which isn't ideal.

So I think the best course of action will be to cancel the third party contract under the cooling off period. I've found the section on the e2save website for arranging a return. Am I right in thinking that once e2save have received the SIM back they will contact Vodafone (in the same way they told them of the original order), and the new line will be removed, or am I likely to have to contact Vodafone and advise them?

Also are Vodafone generally good for loyalty discounts, or is it pot luck with whichever advisor you speak to?

Thanks again.

AnnS

Hi @Chris82

The best thing to do is to give upgrades a call and tell them what you want. 

However, it may be best to wait until the end of the month or beginning of next month. 

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Did you get anything from e2save saying it was an upgrade? It's in their interest to sell you a new contract, but if the confirmation says upgrade, why not go back to them and question it?

However, if you want the best deals, you have to be prepared to faff about a bit, PAC out and PAC back and have a bit of downtime. It's whether you save enough to make that worthwhile.