cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Message count in bill higher than showing on phone?

Gts1986
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How many characters/letters/spaces etc is one message counted as? My bill shows 2 on one day to a number I sent only 1 message to. And 25 messages a day I only sent 15 etc? Is there a letter count that makes it go over to show as more messages than I actually sent? It’s caused a problem and I need the info.

thank you in advance. Please reply 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Typically the standard is 160 characters which constitutes makes one text message @Gts1986 

From the Internet "When you send a SMS message over 160 characters the message will be split. Large messages are segmented into 153 character segements and sent individually then rebuilt by the recipients device. For example, a 161 character message will be sent as two messages, one with 153 characters and the second with 8 characters."

On a side note > If a person sends a long group message or included picture then can likely change from a text message to a MMS message which are chargeable.

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Gts1986, if you would like us to double check your bill for you could you drop us a DM on social media here so that we can access your account? 😁