Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mis-Sold Contract

ChrisMac
2: Seeker

I recently entered into a new contract over the phone and was offered a discount on an unlimited plan.

The sales representative went through the terms of the contract and I repeatedly asked if the plan I was being sold had a download speed cap. She said no it's unlimited. I even made a point of mentioning I thought there was a 10mb/s cap on the unlimited plan, she again claimed there wasn't. 

Today my new contract kicked in and what do you know .. capped at 10mb/s.

I assume Vodafone will have a copy of the call recording, so will I be offered an upgrade to "unlimited max" at no extra cost or should I activate the 30 day cooling off period? 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ChrisMac 

Vodafone do not record all voice calls but it could be beneficial to ask if yours was. They keep recordings for 60 days.

From the 23 June 2019 Vodafone moved to a 14 day returns policy across all products: PAYM, PAYG, VOXI and HBB.

Vodafone won’t be offering the 30 day Service / Network Guarantees anymore.

This applies to change of mind returns/exchanges, across all devices, plans and contracts.

my-vodafone-account/orders/returns

Do please speak with customer service on 191 and ask them if something can be done.

If they can't / won't then act within the 14 day cooling off period.

Another option is to speak to the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Twitter.

If you use the Social Media route then remember to link back to your thread here and include your forum username.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

mozzauk
Think the problem is that there are 3 different unlimited plan. If the base cost before discount is £30 to £36 then you have unlimited speed and data, if its less than £30 then its not unlimited speed.

I have a call recorder app on my phone and I make a point when talking to companies like Vodafone, AA, British Gas etc etc...basically all the companies that when agreeing a offer over the phone, it could be misinterpreted or basically just being lied to.  I always tell them that I am recording the call and also get their name as well.

They all do it to us, so why not us record them also !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just here to express sympathy that they have done this to you. I am really not surprised. I have had a terrible experience with vodafone and I am finally at my wits end after 7 years or so as a semi captive customer. I honestly suspect they simply do not care