Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mis sold contract / logged complaint / no call back when advised

Neil9
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

In January I upgraded a line on my account for a tablet and mobile data. I have 6 lines with Vodafone and have been a customer for the last 10 years +. The upgrade included 15gb of data. When the SIM card was activated, I contacted Vodafone to add the Euro Traveller that as most people will know charges £3 per day in order to use your data/texts and minutes form your price plan.  Last week, my son was at our apartment in Benidorm, Spain for a short break. He took my iPad knowing it would only cost £3 per day. However, during his 2nd day there, he was receiving pop up messages on his iPad advising him to sign up to cheaper data rates. This prompted me to liaise with an operator on live chat on the website where I obtained the full transcript from as it highlighted how I had been mis sold an upgrade.

This is only the beginning of my complaint (it really does get increasingly worse).

during my live chat confirmation, I was advised that I shouldn't have been charged as due to the line upgrade being recently done, all my data usage within 40 European countries was free to use all your data/minutes and texts without the need for the 'euro traveller'. He then agreed to credit my account for the charges incurred with standard data use abroad. Shortly after this confirmation during the chat, the operator then advised me that the line to the tablet that I had just upgraded was for UK ONLY data use, not for any kind of roaming.!!!!!

i have had a number of different types of issues with Vodafone over the last 18months, even to the point of having £500+ taken out of my account which was different to what had been advised by 3 different operators on the phone. In light of this, I chose to generate another complaint due to not being advised at the point of the upgrade that it wasn't suitable to be used abroad or to activate euro traveller to even though, I continually have encouraged ALL Vodafone operators to listen to all of my calls in as everything is completely true. Why would I accept a uk only price plan when I have an apartment in Spain?

the live chat operator issued me with a complaint reference number which is within the copied transcript and was advised also on the chat that I would receive a call back within 24-72 hours. This was advised last Tuesday. Expecting a call back Friday/Saturday, I waited and waited. Yesterday, after not receiving a call from Vodafone, I contacted them via phone and firstly spoke to a gentleman who's name I unfortunately can't remember spoke to me and begun to try and explain what and why it had happened, however, I wanted to know why I hadn't received a call back from an operator within complaints or the resolutions team who have dealt with things before for me. He couldn't answer me and said reference number I had wasn't showing up on his system. He then started to say that it is quite obvious why it is a uk data line only because that I should have expected it and realise that I live in England, ringing a company in England so why would they provide any other line than a uk only line. As you can imagine, I was extremely disappointed with his response but did choose to explain to him that if that was the case why are new data and calls line automatically available to use in 40 European countries free of charge without the need for euro traveller. He then hung up the phone!!!! Shocked is an understatement.

i contacted Vodafone back and spoke to a girl in upgrades department where I explained what had gone on and then in turn transferred me to another customer services operator. I explained first and foremost my disgust at being hung up on.

the operator then put me on hold a couple of times while she went away and spoke to her manager. By this time, I was unfortunately needing to get back into work and as this was at 3pm I requested for a call back at 5pm to continue to discuss further and hopefully rectified. 

Guess what? I didn't receive a call back not at 5pm, not at 6pm, I am even still waiting at this moment in time, over 24hrs later.

all I want is for Vodafone to ring me and sort this problem out. I have reduced the full picture as I could have easily gone on all night.

i sincerely hope that this message gets read and dealt with and someone contact to discuss this problem of being mis sold something as well being lied to on a number of occasions and having a customer services operator putting the phone down on me.

thanks

10 REPLIES 10

I don't appear to be the first person totally let down by the ZERO customer service of Vodafone so it's good to know i'm not alone.

I signed up for a Mifi service in early July and was asked to select how many GIG I required. After a brief discussion with the agent, i selected 30 gig.  I then proceeded to ask how i could ensure this 30 gig lasted the whole month. I asked whether it was possible to set a limit of one gig a day. The agent replied she believed it was (i have since been informed this was a lie) and would send a link for me to do this.  I decided against doing this as wanted to see how much would be used in the knowledge that i could purchase more data or a larger allowance moving forward.

AT NO POINT IN THE CONVERSATION WAS IT EXPLAINED THAT THE SERVICE WAS NOT CAPPED AT 30GIG, THAT I WOULD NEED TO ACCESS MYVODAFONE TO CAP IT, AND THAT THERE WOULD BE ADDITIONAL (EXTORTIONATE) CHARGES WERE 30 GIG EXCEEDED. 

After i was informed by text of a £310 bill, it evolved there were almost £400 of data charges (to which i had never agreed). I spent 2 hours of my holiday being passed from agent to agent (IN EGYPT) until i finally got through to Paul Mc Donald in the UK.  He promised to look into the transcript of the call and to call me back at an agreed time.

He called on Tuesday 15/8 over an hour after the agreed time, i have a 12 week old baby and cannot always get to the phone straight away. I called back and was put through to Egypt. Egypt cannot transfer calls to the UK and had no update on my issue.

I received another missed call from Vodaone Thurs 17/8 and once again tried to call back and after 30 minutes talking to Lina in Egypt, also had zero resolution.

Lina stated the only was she could make contact with Paul was via escalating the call in Egypt. She told me she would call the next day to do this.

Fri 18/8, i recieve a call from Lina at 20:32 stating she has no-one to escalate to but is working on it.

Fri 18/8 21:37 - another call from Lina to say she still has no one to escalate to.

I have never experienced such an ineffective and incompetent Customer service division in my life!  How can they claim to be providing service to their customers when they cannot even communicate internally?

Vodafone ask for all my details (postal address/ tel no/ email etc)  and hence have no less than four ways to contact me, yet the agent only calls and hangs up and it is SIMPLY IMPOSSIBLE to return the call and contact the agent dealing with my issue. He could email me, text me or send me a letter. All would fulfil the aim of serving the customer, which is what they puport to do.

I have cancelled my Direct debit as the data charges are in dispute. I have been a loyal customer for many years and am disgusted at this blatant mis-selling and majorly disappointed by the subsequent lack of customer service.

Where do i go from here? Ofcom i believe.