Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mis sold contract

mjf
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey,

I wouldn't usually make a post like this but I've been going around in circles with the store, 191, and live chat.

I went into store on May 6th afer my two year contract expired. I was offered the 16gb £20 a month Sim only deal on what I thought was a rolling 30 day contract. Unfortunately the contract I hurriedly signed as I was in a rush was not 30 days, it was a 12 month. This is despite only using 4gb data average a monthand asking for lower data/a better plan.

After being a Vodafone customer for over 5 years I was appalled to hear that they couldn't move this to a 30-day contract. Two advisers on live chat have advised me that 'this will be resolved in store', the store manager told me to phone 191, and then the 191 staff said to go into store. 

In addition to the above, my 4G regularly drops out and I'm unable to make calls despite the coverage checker saying it's 'excellent'.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @mjf

Before you signed the agreement, the Sales Advisor should have gone through the contract terms with you in store, you should also have received an email or other correspondence from Vodafone dailing everything agreed in the store.  This would have included contract end date and the monthly allowance.  You would then have had 30 days peace of mind and been able to cancel.

As far as you signal issue is concerned, please put your postcode into the coverage checker at the top of the page, this will give an indication of the reception you should receive in your area.  If you are having network issues, please complete the template on the link below and one of the Team will be able to investigage and get back to you.

Network Issues

Hi @AnnS,

Thanks for replying so swiftly. I did receive that email but did not open it due to my inbox being flooded with hundreds of other emails.

The adviser in store clearly did not listen to me nor adequately run over the terms of the agreement. The main problem I have is that the contract is not what I asked for and the service in resolving the issue has been incredibly poor.

Since two Vodafone representatives have confirmed it is possible and 'will be resolved' and 'I can downgrade' I would hope that the 191 staff or store would honour that.

All these issues are in addition to the nightmare scenario I experienced last year with my bills going up in price for no reason and data allowances not increasing when promising to do so. In all honestly Vodafone is a complete joke when it comes to actually helping their customers.

Thanks,
Matt

AnnS

Hi @mjf

The only thing you can do is to wait for a member of the Team here to get back to you, they may be able to look into and help with the issues and problems.

The problem you are going to have is the contract wasn't exactly missold, it was taken out in the store with the contract signed by you after reading through everything you were agreeing before leaving the store.  This was later confirmed in an unopened email.  If you were not satisfied, you had 30 days to cancel, this should have been more than ample time to make sure you were happy with the contract and network.  You have left this for almost 2 months.

It is in Vodafone's interest to make sure the customer is completely satisfied, it won't be long.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mjf So we can take a closer look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly.

We'll then be in touch as soon as possible to help.