Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Misleading spam texts from Vodafone

Mjs474
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

This morning I received a text stating "You're due an upgrade" suggesting I pre order the iPhone 13.

Upgrade not due until next year. 

Why are vodafone wilfully misleading customers?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It's either a glitch or it's not really from Vodafone @Mjs474 

Live Chat,  customer service on 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM can access your account to check,.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It's from the same text number which sends the pathetic VeryMe reward offers every week. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

We'd to to take a look at your account to be sure @Mjs474, but it sounds like this text is giving you the opportunity to join our Annual Upgrade Promise. This gives you the option to upgrade after 12 months and avoid paying an early upgrade fee by trading in an eligible phone. If you'd like us to take a closer look into this, pop us a message through one of our social channels.

No, nice try defending misleading/false advertising. 

It was offering the iPhone 13 because I'm "due an upgrade".  Which I'm not without paying to get out of my current contract. 

Being due an upgrade and being entitled to upgrade with a charge are VERY differently concepts. 

It's basically brainless marketing from a company which couldn't care less about loyal customers. 

Prove me wrong Mark. 

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I don't get an Spam texts from Vodafone... Oh yea, I updated my preferences to prevent such crap being sent to me. I suggest you do the same!

Hey @Mjs474, if you come through to us using Twitter or Facebook, we would love to take a look at your upgrade options. Once we've taken a look at your account, we'll then be able to provide more clarity on the message that you've received.