Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Missed call from 01709917482

Getafix
16: Advanced member

I got two missed calls from this Number.

So called them from Landline. Answered as Vodafone.

I didn't give any of my details. Was told that i got a call of a negative Feed back I have given to Vodafone and they would like to investigate it.

The number is not on Vodafone's list of numbers.

I have not received this kind of calls from Rotherham based number for several years now. So what has suddenly changed? I have signed up for Broadband, which I have cancelled today.

And why does Vodafone not do something about this? If they are pretending to be Vodafone then it is Fraud. The second question is has Vodafone given the information out to their so called partners? From the conversation it felt like that.

12 REPLIES 12

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Good flag. You'd hope Vodafone would add it to their list if it is an official number / or a partner they're working with.

I guess it's hard for companies to keep up-to-date with the actual fraud ones. I had a call from a number claiming to be HMRC this afternoon. It was without a doubt a phishing attempt, although from searching the number online it wasn't found on any scam lists. I'd imagine the people intent on carrying out fraud keep registering new numbers all the time, trying to stay ahead of the scam sites. I ended up sending the details across to Action Fraud

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

chistery

I had a call from this number after a complaint about an upgrade had gone wrong. The caller knew enough about me and my account to decide he was genuine, and the compensation he offered appeared on my bill.

Companies really do need to find a better way to call people though as they just expect us to give our security info out to verify who we are, when they call us. 

Getafix

That is interesting, as the number is not on Vodaofne's recognised list.

Let's see what the Forum Team says.

chistery

I agree, it is poor.

It wasn't helped by the caller not being told why he was calling me, he said he doens't get told the reasons so it does make it sound dodgy, he just knew I'd had a recent complaint and wanted to make sure it was all resolved!

I sometimes give incorrect answers when asked to see if they know the right ones, so when asked for a couple of digits from your passcode, you pick something else. A fake caller would accept them, and the real one wouldn't. Well, that's the plan anyway!

Getafix

Ok picked up the call.

Failed security questions pin/password. So send me a verification code on my Mobile. He could see I have 4 numbers on my account. So unless he has hacked Vodafone System, definitely someone who has legitimate access to my Account.

Said I have had issues. As a goodwill gesture giving me credit for £25.

I don't get the point of this? I could have understood if they decided to take up the issue as well and try to resolve it.

Looks like some credit is put on my account. Will have to see the next bill to confirm.

chistery

I got the impression from my call that if I was still having issues he would have tried to help, but it was resolved, so I just took the compensation and was told I could call back if needed. I was happy with the outcome.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Getafix - @Mark has fed this back to the relevant team and we’ve received confirmation that it’s being looked into.

Thanks again for flagging it to us!

I’m sorry that they didn’t resolve your broadband issue.

I’ll be calling you by the end of today. We can then go through this in more detail.

Getafix

Thanks for the call. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Getafix - You're welcome! ☺️