Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Missing Payment

physdude
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, 

Last Sunday I made a payment of 50.01 pounds towards my account. As I was making the payment on the MyVodafone app, the app crashed. I didn't receive a text confirming my payment. I called up my bank and they said they sent Vodafone the debit code to collect the payment and gave me the verification code associated with this payment. So far Vodafone hasn't collected the money. I contacted Vodafone about this and they filled in a missing payment form. 

I received a text a few hours ago saying they couldn't trace the payment back to me, and that I would need to take a proof of purchase to a Vodafone store. Now I don't have a proof of purchase because Vodafone hasn't yet collected the money off my account. 

What should I do about this? If I leave it like this, it will take two weeks before the money is made available for me, according to Nat West, and I won't be able to pay my bill which is due in about 9 days. Is there any way for Vodafone to use my debit card details + the debit payment verification code and date to trace the payment?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately @physdude if both Vodafone and your Bank have reported the issues on tracing the payment you state I think it's going to be the case of it dropping back into your account.  

It's always worth asking Vodafone again to check and hopefully your payment will process. 

Also advise them of your situation with now being unable to pay. 

The issue is if it does not process and payment of your bill defaults they can restrict services and in the extreme cut you off and apply a re connection fee.

Are you able to borrow the funds from someone you know ?

I would also suggest setting up a Direct Debit so this does not happen again. 

Fingers crossed for you all goes well. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @physdude

When you say last Sunday, it is confusing as to whether you mean Sunday 13th or 20th.  If  you mean the 20th, it takes around 2 to 3 working days for the money to be released by your bank and you will probably see two balances on your account, your available balance and pending balance where the funds have been authorised by the bank. If the merchant does not claim the money, it will go back to your available balance within 5 working days.

It is always best to make the payment through the automated payment service on 56677, this way the money goes straight to your account.

Even better to have a direct debit arrangement, saves the worry of having to pay the bill, this is something Customer Services can arrange for you.