Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Missing lines of Text

Foxxie7Ag
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi. I'm on an unlimited texts package.  I can send any number of texts in differing lengths to various friends, except one.  I can write about six or more lines of text but the first half of the text is missing and the recipeint only gets the last line or two and sometimes its just a couple of words, but the whole beginning part of the text is not delivered.  Can anyone please tell me whats going on because it doesn't happen with any other of my contacts.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Foxxie7Ag 

This really needs your friend to be open to suggestions.

The fix would probably be to start by asking O2 for a new SIM card, followed by deleting all your saved messages.  If this does not work, it will be a phone problem where it will be necessary to replace the phone. 

If there are any problems, your friend could always ask for help from an O2 store, like a Vodafone Store, the staff would be willing to help and answer questions.

View solution in original position

22 REPLIES 22

Hello again AnnS,

You have be an absolute star putting up with me and my inane ramblings about texts and then added questions about all kinds of things.  Thankyou so much.  I don't know what I'd have done without all your useful and helpful information.  I'm very appreciative.    Kind regards  Julie (Foxxie7Ag).

BandOfBrothers

If a persons phone capacity is nearing full or at full then it wouldn't be part of the text that is recieved it would more probably be the whole text wouldn't be recieved @Foxxie7Ag

Something seems to be happening from you sending the text and the recipient receiving it but unfortunately troubleshooting that would be very difficult.

Does your friend recieve whole text messages from everyone else ? Are you all on different networks ?

Can your friend insert their sim card in to another phone as a process of elimination and then see what happens  ?

One person being on 4G and the other person on 3G wouldn't cause this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your response and advice on what might be causing this problem.  Yes we're on different networks, I'm on Vodafone as you can see but my friend is with 02 which I think might be linked t BT??  Not sure though.  She tells me she has a now defunct 'pay as you go' monthly plan of some kind where she gets unlimited texts.  I'm assuming this is a very old plan and probably a very old mobile phone?  I'll ask her about testing her SIM card but she might not be very co-operative with this.  Just have to see how it goes but it really is a nuisance and very frustrating.  Thanks for your reponse!!