Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Missing payment

Alex1988
4: Newbie

Hello I was just wondering if someone could just help me please.... I paid my bill yesterday (16th of March) and vodafone are saying they haven't received it called my bank and they said they money has cleared so please tell me where my money has gone cause I'm not paying it twice when clearly my bank is telling me it has cleared. I'm so confused about this, never had this problem before now due to their system being down yesterday

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MrsC19833
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Because altho youve tried paying it whether via app or online vodafone havent took it even tho bank states other wise..last few times ive tried using the app or online it never goes fully through at vodafones end and needs to be corrected ...but because we have technically authorised a payment to vodafone the bank puts payment in pending. Vodafone wont collect payment from bank due to that error so bank will automatically put it back as available after 4 working days...once its showing back into ur account pay via 45566 and payments go straight through...paying by app etc causes more trouble than anything.

View solution in original position

37 REPLIES 37

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Alex1988

If you only made the payment yesterday, it won't have cleared from your bank and takes a few days to be credited to your Vodafone account.

When you log onto your online banking, you wil notice two amounts, your available and pending balance where payments have been authorised but not yet released by your bank.

The payment is generally released by your bank within two working days.

This is where having a direct debit arrangements has it's values, saves the worry of having to pay the bill on a monthly basis.

Alex1988

@AnnS No it still showing I owe them the money and now receiveing text messages from vodafone saying if I don't make a payment then they will cut me off!

AnnS

Hi @Alex1988

If you are going to make a manual payment, you need to allow at least three working days before the payment is due.

The banking system does not work that fast and the money is not released by the bank for two or even three working days when a card payment is made.

Alex1988
@AnnS when I done it before it was always taken out on the day but this time it hasn't!

Well as no one can help me with a simple answer. I paid my bill on Thursday the 16th of March and for some reason vodafone hasn't received it, but all day Thursday and Friday I was on the phone to my bank and they they cleared the money for vodafone. So now I'm thinking where has my money gone? I have never ever had this problem with vodafone before it's only due to their system being down and now I'm receiving messages say my bill is overdue when clearly I paid it on Thursday. Argh can someone or vodafone just get back to me it's driving me mad!!!!

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Has your bank specifically confirmed Vodafone have taken payment or that instead it's been put on hold in your account by the bank awaiting for Vodafone to take it ?

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat should be able to.clarify what's happening. 

It maybe beneficial to set up a Direct Debit to help stop instances like this repeating themselves. Just a suggestion. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex1988
Yeah they said it was taken out yesterday and vodafone are saying they haven't received it! Now I'm overdue on my bill when I have already paid it!

BandOfBrothers

Ok if this was my situation id allow for the weekend to pass and then first thing Monday Am ring 191. 

The conversations you've had should be logged on your account notes. If you also use Live Chat then retain the chat transcripts. 

As this is involving billing and payments then I'd also suggest to check your Credit file just to ensure nothing's been reported onto it. Experian offer various ways of looking at your report. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex1988
I just keep getting the same answer. Clearly it's been taken out and not one person at vodafone can tell me where it has gone.... I'm sick of speaking to the live chat people cause clearly they don't know what they are doing at all, it's like talking to a brick wall and now all I'm getting is your bill is overdue even when talking to live chat people.