Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile data not working

kam12
2: Seeker

I have had my mobile data not working since 26th September, and although its been escalated to 3rd line Technical its still not working. They have also given me a reference no regarding this issue.

I am a mobile small business and use my data to get messages from my customers mostly via whatsapp. I also need the internet to get technical information this is a really big inconvience and costing me loss of efficiency.

I've seen some forums where the problem has lasted 8 weeks.

Someone must know whats the solution to this.

All the calls I've made i just get told that technical is working on it but no answer as to whats gone wrong.

15 REPLIES 15

kam12

I have the same problem and even still not working at present, my allowance is 40gb so more then enough data.

I just cant understand why its taking so long to sort out.

They have talked about compensation but how do you measure compensation when its costing you as a business, and a knock on effect to your customers that you are not getting back to them in a resonable time.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The answer is probably Yes but have you double checked your Apn Settings in the phone , mobile data is turned On and tested your Sim Card in another phone as a further process of elimination  ?

Does this happen everywhere you go ?

What type of contract do you hold is it a business contract or consumer pay monthly.

We do have a Vodafone Social Media Teams here who read all posts and help where they can. 

I'm assuming your account needs flushing / resetting on the data part at a guess. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes I’ve tried the sim in another phone it still does not work, I’ve tried another sim in my phone as well, which works fine. Been through the apn settings with member of 1st line technical including mobile data and refreshing network settings. 

I’m a pay monthly business customer with 3 lines, the other 2 work fine it’s just this one line. So I’m sure it’s not a account in default otherwise I would have issues with the other lines too. 

Yes and it’s everywhere I go even different town. 

AnnS

Hi @kam12

If the issue follows everywhere you go and an alternate SIM works on your phone it points to a SIM fault. 

The next thing to try will be a replacement SIM from a Vodafone store. Very often a new SIM sorts out the problem and the store will also be able to check your phone. There is further information for you here: How do I get a replacement SIM?

If you still have problems after a new SIM, the forum team will be able to look at your account but hopefully you will be able to access the internet.

Sim already been swapped last week on Thursday. That was my first thing I did after trying my original Sim in a different phone and another in my phone. 

BandOfBrothers

@kam12 wrote:

Sim already been swapped last week on Thursday. That was my first thing I did after trying my original Sim in a different phone and another in my phone. 

Thank you for your replies @kam12

In this case as I mentioned please let the Vodafone Social Media Teams help you once they've caught up.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hopefully the team can find a resolution quickly for this, I’m struggling without it and it’s sonetimes embarrassing in front of customers and stressful too. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Apologies for the delay in reaching your post @kam12.

We'll be happy to take a look into your data issues and help to resolve this for you. So we can do this, please get in touch our team directly through the details I've provided in your private message. We'll then be in touch.