Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Monthly charge more than quoted

Kerryanne72
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi can anyone help I have a monthly contract and a couple of days ago took out another monthly contract on my account for my daughter. The advisor I spoke to gave me a monthly cost and emailed me over all the details so I could discuss it with my husband. I decided to go ahead and already Vodafone have messed up with the delivery as I work full time and wouldn't be home I asked for the phone to be sent to my work address,  I was told this wasnt a problem, which it obviously was as today they tried to deliver to my home address, where no one was in to sign for it. Anyway back to why I'm posting I was given a monthly cost of £32.04 Inc Vat a month with no extra hidden charges and today looking at my app its saying the monthly charge is £48 month. Can anyone help please. 

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Kerryanne72

When you take out a contract to bring you in line with the billing date the first bill is charged on a pro ratered basis. When you receive the following bill you will find you have been charged part of a month plus one full months line rental in advance for the extra contract. Your daughter will most likely be on the same billing date as your contract. 

At the moment these are unbilled charges and you need to wait until the bill is received, you will then be able to see the extra billing dates. There is further information for you here First bill

Thank you for your reply I will wait for the first Bill and hopefully it will be right as at the moment it says the estimated bill will be £80.75. £48 for the line rental and another line rental charge of £32.75. This seems very high.