Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Monthly payment

Biggam
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How do I get my monthly payment reduced? It’s set for a US visit that was cancelled.

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Biggam 

That won't be possible, you have to continue paying the monthly line rental charges and keep to the agreement.

Unless you are a member of the Armed Forces being posted to a combat zone for a tour of duty where the use of a  mobile phone is not permitted, you cannot pause a contract.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Biggam 

Can you eloberate on what It’s set for a US visit that was cancelled. means please ?

To add If your less than 14 days into the contract or upgrade then you can cancel.

Or if you are no longer in need of the contract, and someone you know would be interested to take over you can ask for a Transfer of Ownership 》Can-I-transfer-my-number-and-contract-to-someone-else. 

Unfortunately a person cannot downgrade the contract in cost terms. A person maybe able to change the allowances they recieve.

The only final option is to buy out the contract to end it but that can be expensive depending on how far your into the contract.

How-do-I-cancel-my-Pay-monthly-contract. 

What-will-my-early-termination-fee-ETF-be. 

I appreciate you haven't asked how to end the contract.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My monthly payment was set at £32 to cover calls made in the US. This was done in the Vodafone shop and I was told to go back when I came home so the payments could be reduced to UK usage. The shop is now closed.

BandOfBrothers

@Biggam wrote:

My monthly payment was set at £32 to cover calls made in the US. This was done in the Vodafone shop and I was told to go back when I came home so the payments could be reduced to UK usage. The shop is now closed.

Ok so please do contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via the link I've added and they'll help while the Vodafone Highstreet Stores are closed @Biggam 

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Many thanks BandOfBrothers for a helpful reply. The Vodafone adviser has said that I'll be compensated for over-payments when the shops open again. I only hope that's soon!

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Biggam 

🌈  Stay Safe  🌈

Current Phone  >