main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Moving number between contracts...

4: Newbie

Hi I have the following

Contract 1 number x ended 22nd Dec 2018 (vodafone direct)

Contract 2 number y started Aug 2018 (via mobiles.co.uk)

My circumstances have changed and I now only need one of these. Is it possible to close contract 1 but take number x from it and transfer it on to contract 2 to replace number y on there? If so what is the best way?

View more options
14 REPLIES 14

Hey @zzr-matt, that is possible yes 👍 As both of the numbers are on our network already, you'll need to move contract one down to Pay as you go. Once it's been moved, you'll just need to complete a quick Keep My Number form and you're done.

So I can get the process started, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch directly. 

View more options

@TJ 

Thanks for the PM, I have filled out the form you linked to. Looking forward to hearing for you.

Matt

View more options

Awesome, thanks @zzr-matt. When you completed the form we'll have sent you a confirmation email, just to let you know we've got your query. It'll have a reference number included - that looks something like this [#1234567]. Please let me know if you've had this 😊

View more options

.@TJ

I have this and I have replied with the verification code.

Matt

View more options

I have also just replied to the last mail I got. Can you check that everything is heading the correct way?

Matt

View more options
13: Advanced Member

You might be better off asking Vodafone to move contract 2 number to contract 1 as well, so you keep your customer history. I did exactly that when mobiles.co.uk incorrectly created a new account.

View more options

Thanks Chistery! TJ can you action that for me?

View more options

@zzr-matt We'll be able to discuss this with you over email 

View more options

Right, no worries so are you going to email me Adam?

I havent had a reply to my last email. Its all a bit slow....

View more options
Administrator

@zzr-matt If you've emailed our team back, we'll be sure to respond as soon as we reach it Matt. 

View more options

Having been led on a frustratingly pointless amount of communications aparently you guys cant resolve this and I need to call 191 or use chat.

Tried using chat and the guy said its not possible to move the account history.

Will someone just take ownership of the query and sort it out?

View more options

@chistery  can you clarify exactly what you got them to do? My two numbers are currently under the same vodafone account (I only get one bill with both numbers on it) and the chaps I have spoken to seem to say that as its the same account I will keep my customer history anyway?

View more options
13: Advanced Member

Sorry, I thought you meant they were on seperate accounts, if they are on the same one then you don't need to move them to the same account.

View more options

No worries @chistery most helpful!

View more options