Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving to Australia from nz with a phone contract

Robbdogg
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, I’m moving to Australia from NZ and wondering if I can move my contract over and change the sim/number to a Australian one.. this would be very convenient for me as I intend to pay off the phone. Thanks for any help!!

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @Robbdogg 

May I advise this is the Vodafone Forum for UK users so we can really only give advise to UK customers.

The Social Media Team's here cannot access accounts for non UK Vodafone customers too.

In the UK if a Vodafone customer is moving to another country then because the brand of Vodafone is used by many countries but they are not linked a person can't transfer their contract to another Vodafone network in another country.

A person can roam but that is meant for only short periods of time.

I would suggest to speak with your own Vodafone network to get official confirmation on what you can do.

i.e what it would cost to end the contract etc.

Also a person would normally have to make sure their phone is unlocked to all networks to ensure it accepts another networks sim card.

Vodafone UK has already started supplying phone's that are unlocked out if the box so ckeck if your network is too. 

You can do this by trying another Network's sim card in it to see if the other networks name shows and you get signal. If it isn't unlocked then check the support pages of your network to acquire a Nuc.

vodafone.co.nz/help/mobile-phones/unlock/ 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.