main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

My Vodafone App doesn't let me view my other lines

4: Newbie

Up until a little while ago I could access my 4 lines in my My Vodafone App.  Clicked a picture, used my fingerprint and I could select them all and view bills, usage etc.

I recently took out two new lines (to replace two existing ones - one of which is my main one I use), switched two existing ones to PAYG for 30 days and then did a number swap to replace the 'new' numbers.

On my phone now when I log in (I have removed App, deleted data and cache - and reset the App), I see my usage but when I try to select one of the other accounts it says 'Sorry, something went wrong with the loading of your account information'.

I can log in online (browser) fine and see all 4 accounts.  All 4 show up in 'My account controls' and all 4 are 'Opted in'.

Any idea why I can't access the accounts from my main phone App anymore?

EDIT: I just checked and it shows 2 accounts as being cancelled - and another that lists my 4 lines.  Does something need to change to 'associate' these accounts for the App?  I log into the App using the same details (email etc.) as online browser.

View more options
22 REPLIES 22
17: Community Champion

There have been instances of new connections not showing up in the app until the first bill has been produced, so this may settle down (depending on how long ago you added the new lines).   If that's not the case, or doesn't happen, the forum team will pick this up in due course and will be able to contact you privately to take your details and investigate.

View more options

OK, thanks, hope they'll be along soon.

I've already had and paid a bill.

View more options
17: Community Champion

It may just be that it needs a reset at the Vodafone end.   The team will be along in due course - just hang on until they pick up the thread.

View more options

Hey @sjw211, sorry you're having some issues with My Vodafone.

So we can help with this, we'll need to check your account to see how your new lines have actually been set up on our billing system. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to get in touch.

Blair

View more options

Thanks.

Details sent this morning.

For info, it's not just the new lines I can't see, I can't see any others' details. Yet it shows me the total bill from the other accounts.

View more options

Thanks for the update @sjw211 👍 When you completed the form in the private message, we'll have sent you an email confirming we've received your query; please let me know if you've had this.

View more options

Hi @TJ , no, I didn't get any acknowledgement after submitting the details.

Thanks.

View more options

Thanks for that @sjw211, it's worth checking your junk and spam mail as the message we reply with can be filtered as such. If you haven't had a confirmation email back, you may need to send us your details again. The reason for this is we send you a reference number which shows on our side, this allows us to email you to pass security. Please let us know how you get on with this. 

View more options

I just did it again.  Followed the link from the PM with the code and included the URL of this thread as the description text.

No mail received back though

View more options
Administrator

@sjw211 I've checked our inbox and can't see a message from the registered email address on your Community account.

As we're struggling to get your query over to us, I've sent you an alternate contact method via private message

View more options

Followed instructions..

Thanks.

EDIT: I have received an email via this method too.

View more options
16: Advanced member

I had same issue, started in Decmber 2016. Eventually in October 2018, deleted my entire profile and started a New Account as they could not work out what the issue is.

Hope you don't have to do the same. If it is not solved in reasonable time, just go down the route of creating new profile sooner.

View more options

Which profile though?

I log into the website and it's OK but when I log into the App on my phone using the same details it won't allow me to see the other accounts - although it shows them one behind the other.

I have removed app and all cach and data but made no difference..

View more options
16: Advanced member

The Entire Profile with Vodafone was deleted as I had several deleted accounts attached to my profile. This was replaced with a Brand New Account and the My Vodafone App has been fine since.

After posting here, I just tried to log on My Vodafone online and it is showing no accounts in my profile. Hope it is just a glitch as Vodafone App is fine.

View more options

Hi @sjw211 I  can see we’ve received your email (ref: #20276900) and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can to get this sorted.

View more options

How long is considered acceptable for customers to be unable to access their bills and usage etc. from the App?

At one point I had my account deleted (went backwards and could no longer access anything, even from a PC).  Apparently that was due to two different departments working on the issue.  Some access was restored but still have the original issue - that's now being blamed on the App.

In the App I see my account and the 3 'behind' it - but when I select it I get the error.

View more options

@sjw211 I'm really sorry to see that you haven't received an update regarding your app and are still experiencing these issues.

So we can check on the latest of this for you, please reply back to our latest email on 30 January. We'll then be able to complete security to access your account and help further.

View more options

I just don't accept that there is an issue with the app and am sure if the right technical person looked at this it would be resolved.

It worked perfectly for years until I cancelled two lines and took out two more. Now they still show up (as cancelled) when I log in but the app can't see them.  The account screen looks a confusing mess.  How this is an App issue and not a problem with my account setup I don't know.  Months later and no resolution tells me no one is actually looking at this - meanwhile I can no longer see the bills from my phone app.

View more options

@sjw211 Have you replied to our latest email on 30 January 2019? We'll gladly look into your app issues further on an account level through private contact on email. 

View more options