Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone App not working.

michael-tinker
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all,

The My Vodafone app isn't working for me. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling on 4G rather than WiFi, deleting the app out of my iCloud and I've also had all of my credentials reset by Vodafone after speaking to one of the advisors.

Whenever I go to put my PIN in, the app asks me for it twice and after putting it in the second time it comes up with a message saying 'We're having a few technical difficulties at the moment. We're working hard to get things sorted.'

This has been happening for a few days now. Any ideas on how to solve it?

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @michael-tinker 

If your online account is working correctly,  the application will follow.

Although you are able to download over WiFi, to locate your account the first access to the application needs to be made over mobile data.

Without the need to enter your PIN, try going into the application, clicking on the three bars at the top, and resetting the application from the settings.  

If problems persists, give the Social Media Team time to get to the thread, they will be able to provide the information to contact the Team through the Facebook and Twitter social media channels.

Hi @AnnS

I've just given that a shot and still no luck! Hopefully there's a work around when the Social Media Team get on it.

I also have been having this issue for about a month now. Very frustrating, I can see the first screen which shows me data used and left, can also get into the rewards part, but if I want proper account details, I do and get exactly the same as you have mention.  Been on live chat a few times about it and been through various password changes etc and apparently it should be fixed, but never is. Shame because the app is pretty good when it works.

This voda app is now an utter waste of time. Whoever decided this was an improvement over the last app needs a word with themselves because - IT IS SH1TE! Have never been able to log in correctly with the error messages coming up every time so FU voda as soon as my contracts are up I am gone - you loose another £100 a month and I get better service elsewhere. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

We'd hate to see you go @kazam401. Is your My Vodafone online account still working correctly, is it just the app? What phone are you using at the moment? Have you tried clearing your Vodafone app cache? This has helped me to get logged in before after an update. 

TJ

Hey @michael-tinker and @152bobby, we'd love to help get your My Vodafone apps up and running again and know what a great tool it is!

You mentioned that you'd tried uninstalling and reistalling the app and resetting it using the menu in the top right corner. It might also we worth clearing any app cache, this helped to get mine up and running one time. 

If you're not sure where to find this, let me know what phones you're using and I'll be happy to help 👍

Hi @TJ

I'm using an iPhone XS Max with the latest OS installed. How do I go about clearing the cache?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@michael-tinker To clear your app cache, you'll need to follow these steps:

• Go into 'Settings' then 'General'
  • Select 'iPhone storage' and 'manage storage'
  • Select 'My Vodafone'
  • Tap 'Offload app'

If you need any help after trying this, just pop back to us on the thread here 👍

Hi @Natasha

I've just tried this fix and I'm encountering the same problem.

Do you have any other ideas about how to fix this?