Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone account

JOHNBARRATT1995
4: Newbie

Hi there my account is currently under investigation with the Fraud Department and it comes off on the 28th of January once I've made my 6th payment but I've seen a good deal with sky mobile with unlimited calls and texts and 2gb of data for £6 a month on a 12 month contract I spoke to Vodafone cancellation team yesterday on the live chat and they said they could match it providing I sign a new year's contract which is fine but the cancellation team are saying I can't do it till the 28th but I don't want to miss out on the deal so I was wondering if there's any way it can be done sooner? 

Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks John 

5 REPLIES 5

JOHNBARRATT1995
4: Newbie

Is anybody going to reply???

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @JOHNBARRATT1995 it can take 48 hours for the team to respond here, this is mainly a customer to customer forum.  Have you tried calling or using livechat to ask your question?

Hi John yes I have the cancellation team lady spoke to har manager yesterday and he said nothing can be done till the 28th for January but if I wait till then sky may not be able to offer it then Vodafone won't honour the deal then i will miss it all together so im not sure what to do?

AnnS

Hi @JOHNBARRATT1995

I did try and post this reply earlier but thought your contracts ended July time.

If the contract comes from Vodafone there is a 30 day return, Sky should also have a return policy.  At that price you can't go wrong and if you were at the end of the contract on Vodafone, you can always change your number to the new contract.  However, the only problem here will be having to take an additional contract with a new number and cancelling the Vodafone contract which you can change at the end of the month and there may well be some early termination charges.

The best thing to do is to have a live chat or check your application to see when the Vodafone contract expires, the last thing you would want is for this to be false economy.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JOHNBARRATT1995 If your account is under investigation from our Fraud team, then we wouldn't be able to make any changes like the one you're looking to do. Ultimately it's your decision how you'd like to proceed, I can completely understand the position you're in. Our plans/offers are subject to change, so we wouldn't be able to guarantee the one you've seen is still available after 28 January 2019.