Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone app login - can't enter PIN

aadshead
4: Newbie

I've having a problem trying to log into the MyVodafone app.

Specifically I enter my username/password and then get presented with the PIN entry page. When I've entered my 4 PIN digits, the 'Continue' button does not become enabled meaning I've no way of proceeding beyond this! I've reset/changed my PIN to make sure I'm using the right one but this hasn't changed anything.

Help!?!

I've included a screengrab below showing what I'm seeing after I've entered my PIN. As you can see, the continue button is still greyed out.

Screenshot_20180820-094341.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Gemma. After I replied an update became available to the MyVodafone app.

The new version appears to work ok and I can log in again ok to view my bills.

Thank you so much for your help!

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

hrym
17: Community Champion

Tricky one at a distance, but let's have a go.   Firts of all, have you had your first bill yet (you don't say whether you're a new or established customer)?   If not, that could be the issue - the app doesn't always display correctly until then and that may affect setup (don't know, but...).

If it's Yes, can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?   The purpose of this is to clear any data it's remembered so that it can be set up again.   Don't forget that you'll need to do the initial setup over mobile data and not wifi.   I haven't tried using an incorrect PIN, but I suspect that the app checks this with the network and only enables Continue when it's correct.   It's possible that the new PIN isn't fully set up a Vodafone's end, so you may need to wait for this to happen.

If it's still not working, you could try contacting Customer Services and asking them to reset yout online account - that might sort it.  If that fails, drop a note back here and the forum team will be able to take your details and investiage for you.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm definitely not a new customer. Been with them for ages. The MyVodafone app had been working on my phone previously.

The one thingI can think of that's changed recently is that I've upgrade my phone (Google Pixel 2) to Android 9 (Pie). I can't remember for definte whether I've been able to log in successfully since I did the upgrade but I have a feeling that I haven't.

I've already tried resetting the app by clearing cache/storage as well as a complete uninstall/resinstall.

The rest of the app appears to be working fine, it's just this PIN entry page that's proving impassable

hrym

Pie is probably the issue.   Because Google devices get updates early, some apps aren't always ready and there can be a delay before they're updated.  This particularly affects network apps, as they're often not ready until the network is sending out updates iteself.

I'm assuming that might the case too.

It's still pretty frustrating as Pie has been around as a preview/beta for several months now so Vodafone could have ensured it works. There was a similar issue when the previous version of Android was first released IIRC.

They don't have control over iOS releases so I don't see why delaying Android should be any different

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aadshead - We’re getting this looked into and we’ll be back in touch as soon as we’ve an update.

That's great.

Thanks Gemma!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aadshead - Please can you let us know if it's working now? 

Hi Gemma. After I replied an update became available to the MyVodafone app.

The new version appears to work ok and I can log in again ok to view my bills.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi Gemma. Still the same issue unfortunately,

when I try to enter the PIN (after entering my username/password) the ‘continue’ button remains greyed out and I can’t...continue.