Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodaofone App Account Error

Fantanafest
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Ever since I added a new line and ported the temporary mobile number over to an existing number I have not been able to access my other 2 linked mobile numbers via the my services icon on the app. I get the message: "Sorry, something went wrong with the loading of your account infromation." It has been going on for nearly 4 months and is preventing me from keeping an eye on my wife and son's usage. I ahve been told it is to do with having an old cancelled account and my new account number linkin all 3 numbers that is confusing the issue online. I have also been told on numeorus occasions that my account needs to be "re-built" from scratch at back office several times. To no avail.  A very helpful gentlman from vodafone rang me reularly in his attempts to correct it - great customer service in terms of his efforts however the problem remains. I have deleted the app, reset the app, re-registered but still nothing. It is becoming infuriating now especially when I have just received an email promoting the amazing ability to access all of my number in one place via the app! I've been so patient however I think it's just about at complaint stage now. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Fantanafest

From what you have written you need to open a new online account for the ported number.  The reason for this is if the replaced number was the main number on the account, it would have knocked out the remaining numbers. The new online account will need completely different log in information from the original account, you wouldn't be able to use any information from the original account.

When the online account is up and running correctly, you will able to set up the Application but before this is done, you will need to delete all traces of the previous application from the phone and Play Store/icloud account.  This will enable you to download a fresh copy of the application to your phone.

This should be something very simple for live chat to rectify for you.  However, the post will be picked up by the Team here on the forum and they will be able to get this solved for you.

Thanks for that. It sounds simliar to what previous people on Vodafone have explained to me in terms of re-building accounts etc. However I just wonder if it is in the execution of that process that they're falling down on. I'm beginning to think there's no one there who knows how to fix it - they've confirmed they can see the issue at their end!?

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @Fantanafest

From what you have written you need to open a new online account for the ported number.  The reason for this is if the replaced number was the main number on the account, it would have knocked out the remaining numbers. The new online account will need completely different log in information from the original account, you wouldn't be able to use any information from the original account.

When the online account is up and running correctly, you will able to set up the Application but before this is done, you will need to delete all traces of the previous application from the phone and Play Store/icloud account.  This will enable you to download a fresh copy of the application to your phone.

This should be something very simple for live chat to rectify for you.  However, the post will be picked up by the Team here on the forum and they will be able to get this solved for you.

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Fantanafest, I'm sorry your having this issue, I can understand the frustration when you're unable to view all your lines on My Vodafone. It can be fixed though, we wont leave your acccount like this. It does require a dedicated team, with the right type of systems access to move your services to a new acccount, so this is the route we'll take to fix it.

We'll need to access your account for this, so I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Blair

@blair thanks however I haven't received any private message as you mentioned in your previous post?

@Blair wrote:

Hey @Fantanafest, I'm sorry your having this issue, I can understand the frustration when you're unable to view all your lines on My Vodafone. It can be fixed though, we wont leave your acccount like this. It does require a dedicated team, with the right type of systems access to move your services to a new acccount, so this is the route we'll take to fix it.

We'll need to access your account for this, so I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Blair

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

That's strange @Fantanafest 🤔 I've popped you another private message over with details on how to get in touch. Please let me know if you get this. 

Yeah thanks I got your pm. How do I copy. A link of my post to the message? 

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Fantanafest You'll just need to copy the URL link and put it into your message to us 🙂